VOL. 133 | NO. 42 | Tuesday, February 27, 2018
Orpheum Announces All-Musical Broadway Season Topped By Hamilton
By Bill Dries
"Hamilton" tops the set of six musicals that are the Orpheum's 2018-2019 Broadway season.
A set of six touring Broadway shows topped by the Memphis debut of “Hamilton” are the 2018-2019 Broadway season at the Orpheum theater.
The Orpheum Theatre Group announced Monday, Feb. 26, a Broadway season that includes:
- “Love Never Dies”: The sequel to “The Phantom of the Opera,” running Sept. 4-9.
- “School of Rock”: Another Andrew Lloyd Webber musical based on original songs from the movie and with a live kids rock band, running Oct. 9-14.
- “Waitress”: the musical based on the 2007 movie with music and lyrics composed by singer-songwriter, actress and author Sara Bareilles, running Jan. 15-20, 2019.
- “On Your Feet!”; a musical based on the lives and music of Emilio and Gloria Estefan, running Feb. 12-17, 2019.
- “Anastasia”: a musical based on the several films about a woman who claimed to be the youngest daughter of Russia’s last Tsar, running June 4-9, 2019.
- “Hamilton”: “The show that needs no introduction,” according to Orpheum Theatre Group president and CEO Brett Batterson, with a musical score of hip-hop, jazz, blues, rap and Broadway, running July 9-28.
The series also offers two options to be added to any season ticket package. They are a new production of “Les Miserables” Nov. 27-Dec. 2 and a new production of “Fiddler on the Roof” March 19-24, 2019.