VOL. 132 | NO. 140 | Monday, July 17, 2017
By the Numbers: Hawaiian, Delta and Alaska Top On-Time Ratings for Airlines
The Associated Press
Here are the government's rankings of the leading U.S. airlines and their on-time performance for May. The federal government counts a flight as on time if it arrives no more than 14 minutes behind schedule.
1. Hawaiian Airlines, 89.7 percent
2. Delta Air Lines, 82.8 percent
3. Alaska Airlines, 82.6 percent
4. SkyWest Airlines, 82.4 percent
5. United Airlines, 82.3 percent
6. American Airlines, 80.1 percent
7. Southwest Airlines, 77.3 percent
8. ExpressJet, 76.8 percent
9. Frontier Airlines, 76.7 percent
10. Spirit Airlines, 69.0 percent
11. JetBlue Airways, 67.2 percent
12. Virgin America, 58.7 percent
Total for all covered airlines: 79.1 percent
Source: U.S. Department of Transportation
The report does not cover smaller airlines including Allegiant Air and some regional carriers.
Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.