VOL. 130 | NO. 206 | Thursday, October 22, 2015
Strickland Names 26 to Eight Transition Committees
By Bill Dries
Memphis Mayor-elect Jim Strickland announced Wednesday, Oct. 21, that he has named 26 people to eight committees that are the structure of his transition committee.
The transition committee members were chosen by Strickland along with the three co-chairs of the transition committee.
The co-chairs are: Rosie Phillips Bingham, vice president of student affairs at the University of Memphis, Mitch Graves, president and CEO of HealthChoice LLC and Emily Greer, CAO of ALSAC/St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
Brian J. Stephens, the CEO of Caissa Public Strategy, will also serve in the role of chief strategist for the transition team.
The transition committee members named Wednesday are:
• Maria Lensing: Vice President, Signature Client Group, AT&T
• Mike Pohlman: President and CEO, Pickering, Inc.
• John Vergos: Co-Owner, Charlie Vergos’ Rendezvous
• Julie Ellis: Senior Counsel, Butler Snow
• Evelyn Homs Medero: Senior Director of Multicultural Marketing, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
• Isaac Rodriguez: CEO, SweetBio, Inc.
• Amy Stack: President, Junior League of Memphis
CRIME & PUBLIC SAFETY
• Melvin Burgess Sr.: Former director, Memphis Police Department
• Mauricio Calvo: Director, Latino Memphis
• Travis Green: Chief Administrative Officer, Shelby County General Sessions Court Clerk
• Mike Keeney: Attorney, Lewis Thomason
• Lynn Evans: CPA
• Carolyn Head: CFO and VP of Administration, Christian Brothers University
• Andre Fowlkes: President, Start Co.; Managing Partner, Wolf River Angels
METRICS & ACCOUNTABILITY
• Kim Hackney: Deputy Chief Administrative Officer, Shelby County Government
• Dr. Manoj Jain, MD MPH
MINORITY BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
• Jerry L. Hall: President, Jerry Hall & Associates
• Carolyn Hardy: CEO, Chism Hardy Enterprises
• Joy Touliatos: Juvenile Court Clerk, Shelby County
• Estella Greer: President and CEO, Mid-South Food Bank
• Norma Lester: Commissioner, Shelby County Election Commission
• Ben Orgel: Partner, TNBG, LLC; Asset Manager at Tower Ventures
• Stephanie Simpson: Senior Vice President of Disability and Absence Management Practice and Compliance, Sedgwick
• Larry Colbert: President and CEO, Junior Achievement of Memphis and the Mid-South, Inc.
• Amy Mulroy: COO, A Step Ahead Foundation
• Sandra Walls: President and CEO, AIL Logistics Solutions