VOL. 130 | NO. 75 | Friday, April 17, 2015
Bass Pro Announces Opening Week Lineup
Daily News staff
Bass Pro Shops has unveiled the celebrity lineup and schedule for its opening festivities, kicking off with a free Evening for Conservation event Wednesday, April 29, from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Here is the press release from Bass Pro:
Bass Pro Shops at the Pyramid to welcome biggest names in sports, entertainment, and the outdoors at Evening for Conservation event
Public invited to celebrate the iconic attraction’s grand opening with celebrities and giveaways April 29-May 3
Bass Pro Shops at the Pyramid, an iconic new destination experience located in downtown Memphis, will celebrate its grand opening Wednesday, April 29 from 6 – 9 p.m. with a special Evening for Conservation event. The free event will feature an all-star cast of celebrities from the world of sports, entertainment and the outdoors joining together to help Bass Pro Shops celebrate the opening of one of the most immersive, dynamic retail experiences in the world.
The grand opening activities will begin outside the complex at 6 p.m. with a special opening ceremony featuring live entertainment and surprise guests. Following the ceremony, the Pyramid will officially open its doors and welcome its first guests. In addition to exploring the massive new experience, fans are invited to meet their favorite celebrities for autographs and photos.
The event is free and open to the public. In keeping with Bass Pro Shops’ and its founder Johnny Morris’ commitment to conserving wildlife and the outdoors for future generations to enjoy and protect, the company will donate 50 cents of every dollar spent during the Evening for Conservation to nonprofit conservation organizations including Ducks Unlimited, among others.
Special appearances include:
- John Anderson, country music superstar
- Ernie Brown, Jr. (“Turtleman”), host of Animal Planet’s hit show, “Call of the Wildman”
- Bill Dance, legendary bass angler and host of NBC Sports Network’s “Bill Dance Outdoors”
- Tony Stewart, NASCAR driver of the No. 14 Bass Pro Shops/TRACKER Boats Chevrolet SS
- Kiara Young, 2015 Miss Tennessee USA
Additional celebrities in attendance include:
- Phillip Crowe, award winning wildlife artist representing Ducks Unlimited
- Fred Zink, Zink Calls/Avian-X Decoys owner
- Buck Gardner, world champion duck caller and founder of Buck Gardner Calls
- Jimmy Houston, host of World Fishing Network’s “Jimmy Houston Outdoors”
- Field Hudnall, host of Outdoor Channel’s “DU TV”, Field Proven Calls owner
- Rob Keck, RedHead Pro Hunting team member and host of “Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World” radio show
- Doug Koenig (World’s Best All Around Shooter), competitive-shooter
- Jerry Martin, RedHead Head Pro Hunting team member and The Legends of the Outdoors Hall of Fame member
- Nick Mundt, Travis ‘T-Bone’ Turner and Michael Waddell hosts of Outdoor Channel’s “Bone Collector”
- Rusty Sellars, True Timber founder and CEO
- John Stephens, Duck Calling World Champion
- Brenda Valentine, First Lady of Hunting and RedHead Pro Hunting team member
- Coach Hugh Freeze, Head Football Coach, University of Mississippi (“Ole Miss”)
- Jeanette Lee (“The Black Widow”), professional billiards star
- Kendall Newson, former Miami Dolphin and Bass Pro Shops NITRO Pro Team member
- Richard Childress, Richard Childress Racing chairman and CEO
- Austin Dillon, NASCAR driver of the No. 3 Bass Pro Shops/TRACKER Boats Chevrolet Camaro
- Kerry Earnhardt, former NASCAR driver, outdoor personality and co-founder of the Earnhardt Collection and Earnhardt Outdoors
- Kelley Earnhardt Miller, JR Motorsports general manager and co-owner, co-founder of Earnhardt Outdoors
Grand opening events continue through the weekend
Grand opening celebrations will continue with even more special exhibits, giveaways and entertainment Thursday, April 30 through Sunday, May 3.
Thursday, April 30
- First 200 customers receive a Bass Pro Shops 3D holder and gift card
- Jamie McMurray, driver of the #1 Bass Pro Shops/NWTF Chevrolet SS at 6 p.m.
- Free Buck Knife engraving from CJ Buck 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Ronnie Philips and Logan Burditt, Heartland Waterfowl from 5 to 8 p.m.
- Performance by Maddie and Tae at 6 p.m.
Friday, May 1
- First 200 customers receive a Columbia Coolhead ball cap
- Ronnie Philips, Heartland Waterfowl from 8 to 11 a.m.
- Performance by Drake White at 3 p.m.
Saturday, May 2
- First 200 customers receive a Bass Pro Shops and MasterCard travel blanket
- Troy & Jacob Landry of History Channel’s “Swamp People” from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- R. Lee Ermey, USMC Veteran (“The Gunny”) from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Performance by Blane Howard at 12 p.m.
- Performance by Liz Moriondo at 2 p.m.
Sunday, May 3
- First 200 customers receive a Bass Pro Shops Tervis tumbler
Starting Thursday, the store will operate normal hours 8 a.m. to midnight Monday through Saturday and Sunday 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. Admission to the store is free. Select attractions will require a fee. The Lookout, the observation deck located at the top of the Pyramid, will cost $10 (kids can ride for $5 until 4 p.m.). Guests can also purchase an annual membership for $100. Admission is included for Big Cypress Lodge guests.
Guests attending opening weekend activities are encouraged to plan ahead as the parking lot is expected to fill up early. The City of Memphis plans to operate free shuttles from remote parking lots at peak times. The City plans to release more information in the coming days.
Bass Pro Shops at the Pyramid is located at 1 Bass Pro Drive, Memphis, Tenn. inside the iconic Memphis Pyramid. Follow Bass Pro Shops at the Pyramid on Facebook and Twitter and follow the grand opening excitement using #BassProPyramid.