VOL. 129 | NO. 67 | Monday, April 7, 2014
Pahlow Wins Broker of the Year
Daily News staff
After enduring early struggles in his commercial real estate career, Scott Pahlow has reached the top of his industry.
Pahlow, an executive vice president with Newmark Grubb Memphis, was named Commercial Broker of the Year Thursday night at the Memphis Area Association of Realtors Commercial Council’s 13th annual Pinnacle Awards gala.
The event, held at Memphis Botanic Garden, brought together the city’s commercial real estate community to celebrate its top producers from 2013.
Pahlow talked about his first five years as a broker, when he had to live with a friend to save money. His father told him, “You know, Scott, there are jobs that pay a salary.”
But Pahlow persevered, overcoming those early lean years and earning the evening’s top honor.
David McComas also earned some time in the spotlight. The former executive with FedEx Trade Networks and other companies was inducted into the Commercial Council Hall of Fame.
In addition to Pahlow and McComas, two other brokers took home awards that were new to this year’s Pinnacle ceremony.
Tony Argiro, senior leasing representative with Highwoods Properties Inc., was given the “Grit-n-Grind” Broker of the Year for completing the most transactions regardless of size or category type.
And Steve Woodyard of Woodyard Realty Corp. earned Local Firm Broker of the Year as the top-producing broker with a Memphis-based company.
Also, Loeb Properties earned the Community Impact Award for its Overton Square efforts.
Ten brokers earned Top 25 and Broker of the Year honors within specific categories. They are:
- Industrial Landlord Rep. Broker of the Year: Brad Murchison, CB Richard Ellis Memphis LLC
- Industrial Tenant Rep. Broker of the Year: Russ Westlake, Jones Lang LaSalle
- Investment Sales Multifamily Broker of the Year: Blake Pera, CB Richard Ellis Memphis LLC
- Investment Sales Industrial Broker of the Year: Johnny Lamberson, CB Richard Ellis Memphis LLC
- Investment Sales Office Broker of the Year: Jack Wohrman III, Jones Lang LaSalle
- Land Broker of the Year: Kelly Truitt, CB Richard Ellis Memphis LLC
- Office Landlord Rep. Broker of the Year: Steve Guinn, Highwoods Properties Inc.
- Office Tenant Rep. Broker of the Year: Pat Gamble, CB Richard Ellis Memphis LLC
- Retail Tenant Rep. Broker of the Year & Investment Sales Retail Broker of the Year: Andrew Phillips, Colliers International
- Retail Landlord Rep. Broker of the Year: Alex Turley, CB Richard Ellis Memphis LLC
Also the 13 brokers additionally named Top 25 were: Wyatt Aiken, Cushman & Wakefield/Commercial Advisors; Tommy Bronson, CB Richard Ellis Memphis LLC; Brian Califf, NAI Saig Co.; Andy Cates, Colliers International; Phil Dagastino, Commercial Advisors Asset Services LLC; Ron Kastner, CB Richard Ellis Memphis LLC; Brad Kornegay, Colliers International/Asset Services; Hank Martin, NAI Saig Co.; John Mercer, Highwoods Properties Inc.; Michael Morgan, CB Richard Ellis Memphis LLC; Bentley Pembroke, Commercial Advisors Asset Services LLC; Patrick Reilly Jr., CB Richard Ellis Memphis LLC; and Preston Thomas Jr., Colliers International.