VOL. 122 | NO. 128 | Wednesday, July 11, 2007
Hampton Hotels Names Smith Senior Director of Product Service
Matthew Thornton III
Robert S. Shaw Jr.
Kurt Smith has been named senior director of product service and development at Hampton Hotels. Previously, Smith served Hampton as director of global brand integration. Prior to that position, he was the director of hotel performance support.
The National Traffic Safety Institute (NTSI) has assigned Cary Quinones to the position of vice president of the Southeast Region. Quinones has worked at NTSI for 14 years and has implemented an online defensive driving course in Virginia. Her region encompasses 10 states, including Tennessee and Mississippi.
Pinnacle Airlines has promoted Starkeisha Brown to manager of ground operations system performance. Previously, Brown served as a ground operations administrator at Pinnacle.
The Tennessee chapter of the Healthcare Financial Management Association has named Deb Warner president during the Spring Institute recently held in Franklin, Tenn. Warner serves as the business office manager at Jamestown Regional Medical Center in Jamestown, Tenn.
Robert S. Shaw Jr. and Matthew Thornton III will serve as honorary co-chairmen of the 2007 Signature Chef's Gala for the March of Dimes, to be held at The Peabody Hotel Nov. 4. Shaw is the founder, president and chief executive officer of Paragon National Bank and has served more than 25 years in the financial industry. Thornton is the senior vice president of FedEx Express U.S. Operations. He has been with FedEx nearly 30 years.
The board of directors of Volunteer Tennessee (VT) has named Jim Snell as its new executive director. Snell previously served as deputy director at VT and was responsible for overseeing funding and implementation of AmeriCorps programs across the state.
Melissa Pike has joined Shoemaker Mortgage as a loan originator. In this position, Pike will handle the origination of real estate transactions that become home loans, work with Realtors, builders and the public to facilitate new home loans and help consumers understand the terms of their loans.
Renee Clark has been named manager of Strategic Planning at Memphis Area Teachers' Credit Union. Previously, Clark worked at Bank of America for more than 20 years in positions ranging from teller to branch manager. She also served five years as a project manager.
inferno garnered plenty of recognition recently when the winners of the 2007 Pyramid Awards, sponsored by the Memphis Advertising Federation, were announced. The firm won seven of the awards, which goes to individuals and firms who have made accomplishments in the field of advertising and marketing communications. The complete list of winners includes:
- Administrative Support Person of the Year: Contessa Williams, Chandler Ehrlich
- Interactive Programmer of the Year: Greg Miller, inferno
- Media Buyer/Planner of the Year: Kelly Rogers, inferno
- Promotions Director of the Year: Frank Gilbert, Clear Channel Radio
- Traffic Manager of the Year: Judy Kent, Clear Channel Radio
- Advertising Account Executive of the Year: Amina Dilawari, inferno
- Advertising Client of the Year: Paragon National Bank
- Ad Industry CEO/President/GM of the Year: Tim Sellers, inferno
- Communications Educator of the Year: Ron Spielberger, the University of Memphis
- Communications Firm of the Year: inferno
- Direct Mail Account Executive of the Year: Gina Miller, archer>malmo
- Diversified Professional Service Person of the Year: Dan O'Brien, inferno
- Electronic Production Company of the Year: Running Pony Productions
- Industry Newcomer Award: Blaine Lloyd, Counterpart
- Marketing Department of the Year: The MED
- Marketing Professional of the Year: Amy Robbins Briscoe, Baptist Memorial Health Care Corp.
- Mentor of the Year: Andy Windham, Walker + Associates
- Out-of-Home Media Account Executive of the Year: John Butler, Clear Channel Outdoor
- Print Account Executive of the Year (newspaper/magazine): Greg Lloyd, The Commercial Appeal
- Production/Printing Account Executive of the Year: Marge Sorrells, Zebra Marketing
- Production Manager of the Year: Mary Bailer, archer>malmo
- Public Relations Director of the Year: Ayoka Pond, Baptist Memorial Health Care Corp.
- Radio Account Executive of the Year: Dan Vaccaro, Clear Channel Radio
- Public Relations Specialist of the Year: Clint Briscoe, archer>malmo
- TV/Cable Account Executive of the Year: Bob Whitsitt, WREG-TV
- Ad Man of the Year: Tim Sellers, inferno
- Ad Woman of the Year: Ayoka Pond, Baptist Memorial Health Care Corp.