VOL. 111 | NO. 86 | Tuesday, May 13, 1997
lj 10/5 cates
Memphis Housing Resource Center
The agency provides the following services to low- to moderate- income buyers:
1. Counsels them regarding credit problems to help them qualify for homeownership.
2. Assists them with budget preparation to promote fiscal responsiblity.
3. Informs them about various mortgage lending institutions and loan products available.
4. Informs them about homes within their specific range of need and/or affordability.
5. Counsels them on home maintenance.
6. Advises them about existing home loan services.
name: Memphis Housing Resource Center (MHRC)
location: 61 Adams Ave. at Front Street
hours: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday;
10 a.m.-8 p.m. Tuesday; 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday.
purpose: Provides counseling and education services for low- and moderate-income prospective home buyers.
programs: Home purchasing process, financial and credit management, home ownership counseling and basic home maintenance training.
class schedule: Tuesday, Thursday, 6 p.m.; Saturday, 10 a.m and 12:30 p.m.
cost: $20 for credit records