You must be a subscriber to see the full results of your search.
Please log in or subscribe below if you are not already a subscriber.
The Daily News subscribers get full access to more than
million names and addresses along with powerful search and download features.
Get the business leads you need with powerful searches of public records and notices.
Download listings into your spreadsheet or database.
Learn more about our services
| Search again
Editorial Results (free)
1. Robinson’s Success Warrants Any Title He Wants
- Friday, January 13, 2017
In the immediate aftermath of the Tennessee Titans’ turnaround season, Jon Robinson’s title was expanded to executive vice president and general manager.
2. Titaned Up: Success Found In Big Moves, Smallest Details
- Friday, December 30, 2016
Most critics of last year’s Tennessee Titans saw unsettled ownership, a revolving door of coaches and a lack of talent at key positions.
Jon Robinson saw weeds.
3. Titans? Win the AFC South? Sure, It’s Possible
- Friday, November 04, 2016
In a remarkable change of course over recent seasons, the Tennessee Titans entered the month of November still relevant in the AFC South race.
And you know what? I believe the Titans are going to remain relevant – and then some. I can make the case that this team, currently 4-4, is going to win the division and make the playoffs for the first time in eight years.
4. Could This Be the Year the Crimson Tide Rolls Out With a Loss at Tennessee?
- Friday, October 14, 2016
Tennessee defensive end LaTroy Lewis was raised in Akron, Ohio, and recalls a special Saturday of football each fall when he was a youth: Ohio State vs. Michigan.
“That’s what I was taught my whole life,” Lewis says, “and then I got down here in the South, and it was kind of like: ‘Is there any other game beside Tennessee and Alabama?’”
5. Will We One Day Look at Lions Win as Turning Point?
- Friday, September 23, 2016
Was Sunday’s stunning victory in Detroit the start of a turning point for the Tennessee Titans?
For a team that has just six wins since 2013, erasing a 12-point deficit on the road was certainly a sign of hope for a franchise that has experienced virtually nothing but despair for several years now.
6. ‘Crazy Stuff’ Threatens to Kill Another Titans Season
- Friday, September 16, 2016
By most accounts, the Tennessee Titans won the offseason thanks to a strong draft and some smart moves in free agency.
The preseason was more of the same, a 3-1 record that included some impressive football.
7. 8-8 Mediocrity Sounds Good to Titans Fans
- Friday, September 09, 2016
On an August morning in 1999, the Tennessee Titans coaching staff and front office personnel awoke to this headline in the local newspaper:
Playoffs or Pink Slips.
It got their attention. Things were quite tense before, during and after practice on that particular day.
8. Looks Like 10-2, SEC Title Game, Orange Bowl for UT
- Monday, September 05, 2016
Editor’s note: Nashville sports correspondent Dave Link has been accurate in predicting season outcomes for the Tennessee Vols in recent years. His 2016 season predictions, released just before press time, culminates with an SEC Championship appearance. Here’s his take on the season…
9. Mularkey Might Find Elusive Success in Third Shot
- Friday, September 02, 2016
Is the third time the charm for Mike Mularkey? The Tennessee Titans certainly hope so.
Mularkey’s first two NFL head coaching gigs – Buffalo 2004-05, Jacksonville 2012 – resulted in a combined 16-32 record. Add his 2-7 run as interim head coach for the Titans last season and that makes him 18-39.
10. College Football Notebook: Nkemdiche’s Long Fall, Vegas’ Top College Bets
- Wednesday, December 23, 2015
Some things don’t change no matter what. And Robert Nkemdiche is still a 6-foot-3, 296-pound defensive tackle that a lot of NFL teams still believe looks pretty good in pursuit of somebody else’s quarterback.
11. College Football Notebook: Memphis Coaching Search a Waiting Game
- Wednesday, December 02, 2015
As this is being written, the University of Memphis coaching search is a game of wait and see. Athletic director Tom Bowen & Co. apparently remain fixed on Missouri defensive coordinator Barry Odom, who served in the same position for three seasons at Memphis before going to Missouri before the 2015 season.
12. Can Vanderbilt Pull Off One More SEC Win Against Vols?
- Saturday, November 28, 2015
Tennessee football fans already are talking about their bowl destinations for the Christmas holidays.
Will it be the Belk Bowl in Charlotte, the Music City Bowl in Nashville or the Outback Bowl in Tampa?
13. College Football Notebook: As Usual, LSU And Alabama Control SEC West
- Tuesday, November 03, 2015
So here we are back at a familiar place: LSU vs. Alabama in a game that goes a long way toward determining the SEC West champion. And by extension, in all probability, the SEC champion. (Sorry Florida, but in this corner, we’re not true believers yet.)
14. Success Looks Like Five-Game Win Streak For Vols
- Saturday, October 31, 2015
Leaves are changing colors, a chill is in the fall air and Tennessee’s football schedule is getting softer.
Happens every year.
We’ve all heard by now how Tennessee is the best 3-4 team in college football. Now is the time to prove it.
15. Alabama Still Team to Beat, Tennessee On the Rise in 2015 Football Season
- Friday, August 14, 2015
Dak Prescott, the best returning quarterback in the Southeastern Conference, isn’t buying the national narrative that the league is “down” because the first College Football Playoff title game featured Ohio State beating Oregon.
16. Preseason Analysis: Vols Will Defeat Oklahoma, Finish 8-4
- Saturday, August 08, 2015
Tennessee’s football team has something to prove as it concludes the first week of preseason practices and moves forward to the 2015 season.
The Vols must prove they belong in the national picture in Butch Jones’ third year as coach.
17. Wade to Lead Southern College of Optometry's Hayes Center
- Wednesday, February 11, 2015
Dr. Lisa Wade has been named director of the Hayes Center for Practice Excellence at Southern College of Optometry, which focuses on teaching business principles to help optometrists succeed in independent practice.
18. Ole Miss, Memphis Move on to Next Hurdles
- Tuesday, September 30, 2014
Before they played the game, Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze suggested it amounted to the “Super Bowl” for the University of Memphis. But in many respects it was more of a Blooper Bowl for both teams.
19. Vols: Looks Like 6-6 Season
- Saturday, August 23, 2014
Pull out your 2014 schedules, UT fans.
Fall camp is done, and it’s time to get in game-week mode with the season opener against Utah State fast approaching.
So go to the little box next to each of UT’s opponents on the 2014 schedule and pick the winner.
20. Roland ReElected At Filing Deadline, Two Countywide Races Set For August
- Friday, February 21, 2014
One of the six Shelby County Commission incumbents seeking re-election this year was effectively elected to a new four-year term in a new district with the noon Thursday, Feb. 20, filing deadline for candidates in the May county primaries.
21. Suburban School Board Races Almost Set
- Friday, August 17, 2012
Races on the Nov. 6 ballot for six sets of suburban school boards took shape Thursday, Aug. 16, at the noon filing deadline for candidate qualifying petitions.
The candidates that made the deadline have another week to withdraw from the races if they wish.
22. Gay Leads Grizzlies to 90-86 Win Over Timberwolves
- Friday, January 06, 2012
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) – The Memphis Grizzlies saw that Zach Randolph wasn't there to help them on Wednesday night, so they played harder.
The Minnesota Timberwolves saw that Zach Randolph wasn't there to beat up on them again, so they took it easy.
23. Archived Article: Rdc (lead)
- Thursday, July 11, 2002
RDC lobbying Congress for riverfront funds
RDC lobbying Congress for riverfront funds
By DAVID LYONS
The Daily News
At its regular monthly meeting Wednesday, the Riverfront Development Corp., or RDC, approved a number of motions designed...
24. Archived Article: Law Briefs
- Thursday, November 07, 1996
The Tennessee Supreme Court on Oct The Tennessee Supreme Court on Oct. 28 entered an Agreed Order of Enforcement adjudging Henry M. Beaty Jr., who is currently under suspension, to be in willful contempt of court and extending the current suspension...
25. Archived Article: Benchmark
- Thursday, February 22, 1996
02-22 Benchmark Deputy E. Wayne Goudy vs. R. L. Fidler and Newsline 1. A commissioned deputy sheriff is suing a Shelby County man and his publication in Circuit Court for libel, negligence and gross negligence. The plaintiff alleges that Newsline 1,...
26. Archived Article: Chg Crane
- Friday, February 09, 1996
2/9 CHG crane Ichabod crane brings commercial business to Port of Memphis By CAMILLE H. GAMBLE The Daily News The Memphis/Shelby County Port Commission will see more activity at the Port of Memphis now that it has acquired the use of the U.S. Navys ...