Editorial Results (free)
1. Around Memphis: July 16, 2018
- Monday, July 16, 2018
The Daily News offers a weekly roundup of Memphis-related headlines from around the web, adding context and new perspectives to the original content we produce on a daily basis. Here are some recent stories worth checking out…
- Monday, January 29, 2018
Memphis Toys R Us
To Remain Open
A representative with Toys R Us has confirmed to The Daily News that the retailer’s Memphis location, at 7676 Polo Ground Blvd., won’t close after all.
3. Last Word: Bar-Kays & ConFunkShun, Suburban Politics and Tom Bowen's 5 Years
- Friday, June 16, 2017
The Bar-Kays and ConFunkShun -- there’s a double shot of the deepest funk from the 1970s and 1980s. And they are together again Friday at the Cannon Center for the Juneteenth Urban Music Festival. It is also Larry Dodson’s last hometown show fronting The Bar-Kays.
4. New York Firm Pays $23M for 3 Germantown Hotels
- Thursday, May 4, 2017
7750 Wolf River Blvd., 9314 Poplar Pike and 9320 Poplar Pike, Germantown, TN 38138 | Sale Amount: $23 million
Sale Date: April 28, 2017
5. Over $20M in Construction Headed to Brewery District
- Thursday, March 24, 2016
495 Tennessee St.
Memphis, TN 38103
Permit Amount: $18.8 million
Owner: 495 Tennessee LLC
Tenant: Brewery Master Tenant
6. Last Word: Hedgepeth Speaks, Josh Pastner's Future and Big Box Liquor
- Friday, March 4, 2016
Where else is there to begin but the Greensward controversy.
And we start with an email from Memphis City Council member Reid Hedgepeth in what is rapidly becoming a Last Word tradition and institution – the email in full.
7. Michigan Investor Pays $7.5 Million for Hickory Hill Apartments
- Tuesday, June 23, 2015
5995 Waterstone Oak Way
Sale Amount: $7.5 million
Sale Date: June 11, 2015
Buyer: RoCo-Lakes LLC
Seller: RRE Waterstone Holdings LLC
Loan Amount: $6.2 million
Loan Date: June 11, 2015
Maturity Date: June 11, 2017
Lender: Keybank NA
Details: RoCo-Lakes LLC, a Michigan limited liability company, purchased two parcels comprising The Lakes at Ridgeway Apartments on June 11.
8. New Tigers Indoor Football Facility Nears Kick-Off
- Tuesday, March 24, 2015
1115 E. Getwell Loop
Memphis, TN 38152
Permit Amount: $15 million
Permit Application Date: March 2015
Architect: Fleming Architects
Contractor: Grinder, Taber & Grinder Inc.
Details: The long-awaited goal of an indoor practice facility for the University of Memphis football team is becoming a reality.
9. Shelby Farms Conservancy Seeks $7.2 Million in Permits
- Tuesday, February 3, 2015
6093 N Patriot Lake Blvd.
415 E. Patriot Lake Blvd.
Memphis, TN 38118
Permit Amount: $7.2 million
10. Lynnfield Place Apartments Sell for $22.4 Million
- Tuesday, November 25, 2014
1400 Lynnfield Road
Memphis, TN 38119
Sale Amount: $22.4 million
Sale Date: Nov. 7, 2014
Buyer: Lynnfield Apartments LLC
Seller: Lynnfield Holdings LLC
Loan Amount: $20 million
Loan Date: Nov. 3, 2014
Borrower: Lynnfield Apartments LLC
Lender: Arbor Commercial Funding LLC
Details: The Lynnfield Place apartment community in East Memphis has sold for $22.4 million.
11. Highland Row Developer Applies for $6.7 Million Permit
- Tuesday, November 11, 2014
387 S. Highland St.
Memphis, TN 38111
Permit Amount: $6.7 million
Project Cost: $61 million
Application Date: November 2014
Engineer: Jordan & Skala Engineers
Details: Indianapolis-based developer Milhaus Ventures has applied for another building permit for the long-awaited Highland Row project near the University of Memphis.
12. CWCapital Sheds Willow Lake Buildings
- Tuesday, October 28, 2014
3900, 4100 Willow Lake Blvd.
Memphis, TN 38118
Sale Amount: $1.9 million
13. Jobs Explosion
- Thursday, January 23, 2014
Conduit Global will hire 1,000 people over the next three to five years to staff a large call center in Shelby County, the company announced Wednesday, Jan. 22.
Conduit Global president Bryce Hayes said the New York-based company will start hiring 300 immediately for the $8 million call center serving Verizon.
14. Collierville Fred’s Sells for $1.5 Million
- Tuesday, January 14, 2014
450 U.S. 72
Collierville, TN 38017
Sale Amount: $1.5 million
Sale Date: Dec. 20, 2013
Buyer: Collierville Realty Holdings LLC
Seller: Washington Square Properties (a Tennessee general partnership composed of Thomas W. Taylor, trustee of the Thomas W. Taylor Revocable Living Trust dated April 27, 2000, and Thomas W. Hart)
Loan Amount: $793,000
Loan Date: Dec. 20, 2013
Maturity Date: Dec. 20, 2016
Lender: First Capital Bank
Details: The 19,152-square-foot fred’s retail store at 450 U.S. 72 in Collierville has sold for $1.5 million.
15. Nike Files $1.4 Million Permit for Frayser Facility
- Friday, January 10, 2014
Nike Inc. has filed a $1.4 million building permit with the city-county Office of Construction Code Enforcement for work on its North Memphis distribution center at 3100 New Frayser Blvd.
16. Nike Files $4.3 Million Permit for Frayser Facility
- Tuesday, October 8, 2013
3100 New Frayser Blvd.
Memphis, TN 38128
Permit Cost: $4.3 million
Project Cost: $301 million
Permit Date: Applied September 2013
Owner: Nike Inc.
Tenant: Nike Inc.
Contractor: Wynright Corp.
Details: Nike Inc. has filed a $4.3 million building permit with the city-county Office of Construction Code Enforcement for work on its North Memphis distribution center at 3100 New Frayser Blvd.
17. Nike Files $4.3 Million Permit for Frayser Facility
- Wednesday, October 2, 2013
Nike Inc. has filed a $4.3 million building permit with the city-county Office of Construction Code Enforcement for work on its North Memphis distribution center at 3100 New Frayser Blvd.
18. Former Ike’s on Summer Sells for $2.7 Million
- Monday, May 27, 2013
4569 Summer Ave. Memphis, TN 38122
Sale Amount: $2.7 million
Sale Date: May 17, 2013
19. Cresthaven Medical Building Sells for $2.5 Million
- Tuesday, May 21, 2013
1068 Cresthaven Road Memphis, TN 38119
Sale Amount: $2.5 million
Sale Date: May 2, 2013
20. Nike Distribution Center Issued $4.4 Million Permit
- Monday, May 20, 2013
The city-county Office of Construction Code Enforcement has issued a $4.4 million mechanical permit for work on Nike Inc.’s North Memphis distribution center at 3100 New Frayser Blvd.
21. Oakhaven Warehouse Sells After Foreclosure
- Tuesday, May 14, 2013
4120 Air Trans Road, Memphis, TN 38118
Sale Amount: $2.5 million
Sale Date: May 7, 2013
22. Nike Files $3 Million Permit for Distribution Center
- Wednesday, May 8, 2013
Nike Inc. has filed a $3 million permit application with the city-county Office of Construction Code Enforcement for work on its North Memphis distribution center at 3100 New Frayser Blvd.
23. Nike Buys Frayser Land From Belz for Expansion
- Tuesday, February 5, 2013
200 acres in Frayser Sale Amount: $2.2 million
Sale Date: Jan. 24, 2013
Buyer: Nike TN Inc.
24. Nike Buys Frayser Land From Belz for Expansion
- Friday, February 1, 2013
Nike Inc. has paid $2.2 million for about 200 acres of vacant land in Frayser from Belz Investco GP for an expansion of its North Memphis distribution center.
25. Jobs Push Made for State’s Veterans
- Wednesday, October 24, 2012
Hundreds of thousands of veterans will be coming home in the near future, as the U.S. downsizes its presence in the Middle East.
Many of those veterans will need jobs. And employers across Tennessee, with help from state government, are going on a major hiring push to put them to work.
26. Nike Gets 15 Year $57.8 Million PILOT For Tentative Frayser Expansion
- Thursday, October 18, 2012
The board of the Memphis and Shelby County Economic Development Growth Engine approved Wednesday, Oct. 17, a 15-year payment in lieu of taxes agreement with Nike Tn. Inc. for a $301 million expansion of its Northridge plant in Frayser.
27. Feds Seize Flea Market
- Tuesday, September 20, 2011
After they shut it down in June, law enforcement agents seized 153,634 counterfeit items from the now-defunct flea market that operated at 4233 S. Third St.
28. Magnolia Homes to Build New Style in Winstead Farms
- Tuesday, December 14, 2010
Four Lots In Winstead Farms
Loan Amount: $971,250
Loan Date: Dec. 7, 2010
Maturity Date: Dec. 10, 2011
Borrower: Magnolia Homes Inc.
Lender: Regions Bank NA
29. Archived Article: Real Recap
- Tuesday, April 12, 2005
Lakeland Outlet Mall Sells for $4 Million
Cost: $4 million
Buyer: Lakeland Station LLC
Seller: Chelsea Memphis Holdings LLC
Property: The Lakeland Factory Outlet Mall, including an a...