» Subscribe Today!
More of what you want to know.
The Daily News
X

Forgot your password?
Skip Navigation LinksHome >
VOL. 127 | NO. 40 | Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Warren Buffett Says Plan to Replace Him Unchanged

JOSH FUNK | AP Business Writer

Print | Front Page | Email this story | Comments ()

OMAHA, Neb. (AP) – Billionaire investor Warren Buffett says Berkshire Hathaway's plan to replace him eventually hasn't really changed.

Buffett said on CNBC Monday that the new language he used to describe the succession plan in his annual letter to Berkshire shareholders wasn't a sign of change. The 81-year-old says he was trying to clarify the plan.

He said in his letter released Saturday that Berkshire's board had chosen someone to succeed him as CEO someday, and it has two backup candidates. Previously, Buffett had said only that the company had three internal candidates. None of them have been identified.

Buffett says the board has always had a preferred candidate and two backups

He says last year's departure of a top executive, David Sokol, did not affect the board's choice for successor.

Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Sign-Up For Our Free Email Edition
Get the news first with our daily email


 
Blog Get more from The Daily News
Blog News, Training & Events
RECORD TOTALS DAY WEEK YEAR
PROPERTY SALES 79 146 10,368
MORTGAGES 95 202 13,529
FORECLOSURE NOTICES 19 43 2,687
BUILDING PERMITS 0 393 24,700
BANKRUPTCIES 62 122 10,014
BUSINESS LICENSES 21 37 3,773
UTILITY CONNECTIONS 99 248 14,805
MARRIAGE LICENSES 27 58 3,225

Weekly Edition

Issues | About

The Memphis News: Business, politics, and the public interest.