Editorial Results (free)
1. Midtown Office Max Sells for $3.9 Million
- Wednesday, March 19, 2014
An affiliate of Atlanta-based real estate investment firm Core Property Capital has paid $3.9 million for the retail building at 1460 Union Ave. that houses Office Max and Cricket stores.
2. Polo Shops Sells for $3.1 Million After Foreclosure
- Tuesday, February 25, 2014
7444 Winchester Road, 7464 Winchester Road
Memphis, TN 38125
Sale Amount: $3.1 million
3. Lamar Fred’s Sells for $2.5 Million
- Friday, February 21, 2014
The recently built fred’s Super Dollar store at 1290 Lamar Ave. in Midtown has sold for $2.5 million.
4. Net Leases – Explained
- Monday, February 17, 2014
Many retail and industrial leases are structured as net leases, but what does “net lease” mean?
A “net lease” is a lease transaction in which the landlord receives a monthly payment composed of two items: first and foremost is the rent, net of the property operating expenses and secondarily a portion of real estate taxes upon the property, casualty/liability insurance upon the property and common area expenses for the property.
5. FedExForum Area Targeted for Apartments
- Friday, February 07, 2014
Nashville-based Elmington Capital Partners apparently likes the apartment market in Downtown Memphis.
An Elmington-affiliated company plans on building a 64-unit apartment complex at 362 S. Second St., south of FedExForum.
6. Former Motel 6 Sells for $1.4 Million
- Tuesday, January 28, 2014
1321 Sycamore View Road
Memphis, TN 38134
Sale Amount: $1.4 million
Sale Date: Jan. 13, 2014
Buyer: P & S Hospitality LLC
Seller: G6 Hospitality Property LLC
Loan Amount: $1.1 million
Loan Date: Jan. 14, 2014
Maturity Date: N/A
Lender: Argent Bank
Details: The former Motel 6 at 1321 Sycamore View Road in Northeast Memphis has traded hands for $1.4 million.
7. Owner of Whitehaven Retail Center Files Loan
- Monday, January 27, 2014
The owner of the 19,844-square-foot retail center at 5339 Elvis Presley Blvd. in Whitehaven has filed a $2.2 million loan on the property.
8. Call Center ‘Gratifying’ for Local Office Sector
- Friday, January 24, 2014
Conduit Global’s announcement this week that it is locating a call center in Shelby County that will employ 1,000 people was a breath of fresh air for local office real estate professionals.
9. Belz Sells Shelby Oaks EnSafe Center for $910,000
- Monday, January 20, 2014
5710-5730 Summer Trees Drive
Memphis, TN 38134
Sale Amount: $910,000
Sale Date: Jan. 10, 2014
Buyer: EnSafe Inc.
Seller: BICO Associates GP
Details: An affiliate of Belz Enterprises has sold the five-building Shelby Oaks EnSafe Center office complex on Summer Trees Drive in Northeast Memphis for $910,000.
10. Belz Sells Shelby Oaks Ensafe Center for $910K
- Thursday, January 16, 2014
An affiliate of Belz Enterprises has sold the five-building Shelby Oaks EnSafe Center office complex on Summer Trees Drive in Northeast Memphis for $910,000.
BICO Associates GP sold the property’s four parcels in a Jan. 10 warranty deed to EnSafe Inc., a Memphis-based environmental remediation engineering firm whose headquarters is at the complex.
11. Collierville Fred’s Sells for $1.5 Million
- Tuesday, January 14, 2014
450 U.S. 72
Collierville, TN 38017
Sale Amount: $1.5 million
Sale Date: Dec. 20, 2013
Buyer: Collierville Realty Holdings LLC
Seller: Washington Square Properties (a Tennessee general partnership composed of Thomas W. Taylor, trustee of the Thomas W. Taylor Revocable Living Trust dated April 27, 2000, and Thomas W. Hart)
Loan Amount: $793,000
Loan Date: Dec. 20, 2013
Maturity Date: Dec. 20, 2016
Lender: First Capital Bank
Details: The 19,152-square-foot fred’s retail store at 450 U.S. 72 in Collierville has sold for $1.5 million.
12. Nike Files $1.4 Million Permit for Frayser Facility
- Friday, January 10, 2014
Nike Inc. has filed a $1.4 million building permit with the city-county Office of Construction Code Enforcement for work on its North Memphis distribution center at 3100 New Frayser Blvd.
13. Germantown Planning Commission OKs Plan for Whole Foods
- Thursday, January 09, 2014
Developers on Tuesday, Jan. 7, cleared a key regulatory hurdle for a planned Whole Foods Market store in Germantown.
Before a packed house, the Germantown Planning Commission voted to approve a revamped plan for a new Whole Foods store at the southeast corner of the intersection of Poplar Avenue and Pete Mitchell Road, on the eastern edge of Germantown’s Central Business District.
14. Shopping Center Group Moving to New Office
- Friday, December 20, 2013
The Shopping Center Group LLC is moving to a new office.
The Memphis office of the Atlanta-based retail real estate brokerage firm, which leases a total of approximately 4 million square feet of retail space and represents 100 retailers, is moving from 773 E. Brookhaven Circle to 5101 Wheelis Drive, Suite 106, at Clark Centre.
15. Whitehaven Warehouse Sells for $2 Million
- Tuesday, December 10, 2013
The 150,000-square-foot warehouse at 2982 Datsun Drive in Whitehaven has been sold to an out-of-town investor for $2 million.
16. Traffic Concerns Delay Germantown Whole Foods
- Thursday, December 05, 2013
The development team behind a proposed Whole Foods store in Germantown is going back to the drawing board after some neighbors expressed concerns about the project, particularly over traffic.
The development team withdrew its application from the Germantown Planning Commission’s Tuesday, Dec. 3, agenda and will return next month. After that, the development team would need approval from Germantown’s Board of Mayor and Aldermen.
17. Developer Buys Land for Somerset Subdivision
- Tuesday, November 05, 2013
26.3 Acres near Neshoba
And Germantown Roads
Sale Amount: $1.5 million
Sale Date: Oct. 28, 2013
Buyer: Somerset-Exeter GP
Seller: Owen Investments LP
Loan Amount: $2.8 million
Loan Date: Oct. 28, 2013
Maturity Date: Oct. 28, 2016
Lender: Kent Wunderlich
Details: An entity related to Germantown-based developer McNeill Investment Co. has paid $1.5 million for 26.3 acres near the intersection of Germantown and Neshoba roads.
18. Medical Office Facility Sells for $5.9 Million
- Tuesday, October 15, 2013
7865 Educators Lane
Memphis, TN 38133
Sale Amount: $5.9 million
Sale Date: Sept. 26, 2013
Buyer: GA HC REIT II Bartlett TN MOB LLC
Seller: APD Investments LLC, Robert S. Biscan, The Colony Group LP and Amir H. Mehrabi
Details: An affiliate of Newport Beach, Calif.-based Griffin-American Healthcare REIT II Inc. has paid $5.9 million for the medical office building at 7865 Educators Lane in Northeast Memphis.
19. Quail Hollow Building Owner Files $7.5 Million Loan
- Thursday, October 10, 2013
The owner of the 96,096-square-foot office building at 6525 N. Quail Hollow Road in East Memphis has filed a $7.5 million loan on the property.
20. Nike Files $4.3 Million Permit for Frayser Facility
- Tuesday, October 08, 2013
3100 New Frayser Blvd.
Memphis, TN 38128
Permit Cost: $4.3 million
Project Cost: $301 million
Permit Date: Applied September 2013
Owner: Nike Inc.
Tenant: Nike Inc.
Contractor: Wynright Corp.
Details: Nike Inc. has filed a $4.3 million building permit with the city-county Office of Construction Code Enforcement for work on its North Memphis distribution center at 3100 New Frayser Blvd.
21. Nike Files $4.3 Million Permit for Frayser Facility
- Wednesday, October 02, 2013
Nike Inc. has filed a $4.3 million building permit with the city-county Office of Construction Code Enforcement for work on its North Memphis distribution center at 3100 New Frayser Blvd.
22. Baptist Begins Construction on $14.1 Million Pediatric ER
- Friday, September 27, 2013
Baptist Memorial Health Care Corp. began construction this week on a new pediatric emergency department at Baptist Memorial Hospital for Women.
23. Saddle Creek Growth Sign of Future for City
- Wednesday, September 25, 2013
The Shops of Saddle Creek is in store for a multimillion-dollar makeover and expansion, a project that will likely be the first of several development dominoes to fall in Germantown.
Texas-based Trademark Property Co., which has operated the retail center since 2011, will expand the portion of the 148,000-square-foot lifestyle center on the southwest side of Poplar Avenue and West Street in Germantown.
24. Henry Turley Co. Files Permits for South Junction
- Tuesday, August 27, 2013
727 E. Mann Circle; 726. E. Mann Circle; 725 W. Mann Circle; 35 W. Georgia Ave.; 649 Florida St.; 18 W. Carolina Ave.; 9 E. Carolina Ave.
Memphis, TN 38103
Permit Costs: $1.5 million; $1.5 million; $1.5 million; $1.5 million; $1.5 million; $1.5 million; $1.4 million
25. Florida Company Buys Multi-Tenant Building on U.S. 64
- Friday, August 23, 2013
A local affiliate of Delray Beach, Fla.-based Belford Ventures has paid $3 million for the multi-tenant retail building at 7859 U.S. 64 (Stage Road) in Northeast Memphis.
The entity 7859 Stage LLC bought the 72,472-square-foot building in an Aug. 19 warranty deed from Memphis-based CM&W GP, a partnership composed of Phil Chamberlain, Jon McCreery and Jack Whitaker. That group bought the property in 2005 from SKN LLC for $2.5 million.
26. Building Permit Filed for Volvo of Memphis
- Tuesday, August 06, 2013
7910 Trinity Road
Cordova, TN 38018
Permit Cost: $2.3 million
Project Cost: $3.5 million
Permit Date: Applied August 2013
Completion: Summer 2014
Owner: Wenco Properties LLC
Tenant: Volvo of Memphis
Architect: Fleming Associates Architects PC
Contractor: Grinder, Taber & Grinder
Details: The ownership group of Volvo of Memphis has filed a $2.3 million building permit for the company’s new dealership at 7910 Trinity Road in Cordova.
27. Construction Loan Filed for Midtown Fred’s
- Thursday, August 01, 2013
The developer of a 16,000-square-foot Fred’s Inc. retail store at 1290 Lamar Ave. in Midtown has filed a $1.7 million construction loan for the project.
28. Raleigh Sam’s Club Sells for $11.4 Million
- Tuesday, July 30, 2013
2150 Covington Pike
Memphis, TN 38128
Sale Amount: $11.4 million
Sale Date: June 25, 2013
Buyer: Realty Income Properties 25 LLC
Seller: Dune SC Sub II LLC
Details: The Sam’s Club at 2150 Covington Pike in Raleigh has sold for $11.4 million to a California investor.
29. Collierville Retail Center Owner Files $1.5 Million Loan
- Wednesday, July 24, 2013
The owner of the 43,585-square-foot retail center at 783 W. Poplar Ave. in Collierville has filed a $1.5 million loan on the property.
30. State Delays Office Lease Announcement
- Wednesday, July 24, 2013
Groups hoping to garner the state’s real estate needs Downtown will have to wait a little longer to find out if they placed the winning bid.
The state had originally planned to issue a notice of awarding the lease for its office space needs Tuesday, July 23, but that date has been changed to Aug. 19, when the executive subcommittee of the State Building Commission meets.
31. Drug Kingpin Petties Returns to Memphis
- Tuesday, July 23, 2013
Memphis drug kingpin Craig Petties has returned to the city after a brief stay in a federal prison transfer center in Oklahoma City.
32. Barnhart Buys Industrial Property for Expansion
- Tuesday, July 09, 2013
2085 W. E. Freeman Drive
Memphis, TN 38114
Sale Amount: $2.6 million
Sale Date: June 27, 2013
Buyer: Barnhart Crane and Rigging Co.
33. Five Groups Bid for State Office Space
- Monday, July 08, 2013
Five groups have submitted bids to become the new home to roughly 900 state workers.
JP-Memphis, Memphis Commerce Square Partners, Peabody Tower GP, Peabody Place Gold GP and Hertz Memphis all submitted bids for the state’s real estate needs.
34. Sycamore View Starbucks Sells for $1.1 Million
- Tuesday, July 02, 2013
The Starbucks coffee shop at 1615 Sycamore View Road in Northeast Memphis has sold for $1.1 million.
35. Jamesbridge Apartments Sell for $3.6 Million
- Tuesday, June 25, 2013
3689 James Road Memphis, TN 38128
Sale Amount: $3.6 million
Sale Date: June 6, 2013
36. Former Ike’s on Summer Sells for $2.7 Million
- Monday, May 27, 2013
4569 Summer Ave. Memphis, TN 38122
Sale Amount: $2.7 million
Sale Date: May 17, 2013
37. Ford Files Trust Deed for Sycamore View Property
- Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Former U.S. Rep. Harold Ford Sr. of Memphis has filed a $900,000 loan on the shopping center at 1670 Sycamore View Road in Northeast Memphis that he recently bought.
38. Cresthaven Medical Building Sells for $2.5 Million
- Tuesday, May 21, 2013
1068 Cresthaven Road Memphis, TN 38119
Sale Amount: $2.5 million
Sale Date: May 2, 2013
39. Nike Distribution Center Issued $4.4 Million Permit
- Monday, May 20, 2013
The city-county Office of Construction Code Enforcement has issued a $4.4 million mechanical permit for work on Nike Inc.’s North Memphis distribution center at 3100 New Frayser Blvd.
40. Oakhaven Warehouse Sells After Foreclosure
- Tuesday, May 14, 2013
4120 Air Trans Road, Memphis, TN 38118
Sale Amount: $2.5 million
Sale Date: May 7, 2013
41. Nike Files $3 Million Permit for Distribution Center
- Wednesday, May 08, 2013
Nike Inc. has filed a $3 million permit application with the city-county Office of Construction Code Enforcement for work on its North Memphis distribution center at 3100 New Frayser Blvd.
42. Georgia-Pacific Pays $1.5 Billion for Buckeye Technologies
- Wednesday, April 24, 2013
Memphis-based Buckeye Technologies Inc. is being bought by Georgia-Pacific LLC, the two companies announced Wednesday, April 24.
The deal, valued at approximately $1.5 billion, including debt, still faces regulatory approval. But the boards of both companies have signed off on terms that include Buckeye stockholders getting $37.50 per share.
43. Harold Ford Sr. Buys Sycamore View Property
- Tuesday, April 16, 2013
1670 Sycamore View Road Memphis, TN 38134
Sale Amount: $1.8 million
Sale Date: April 8, 2013
44. Harold Ford Sr. Buys Sycamore View Property
- Friday, April 12, 2013
Former U.S. Rep. Harold Ford Sr. of Memphis has paid $1.8 million for a shopping center at 1670 Sycamore View Road in Northeast Memphis.
45. Swinnea Warehouse Sold in Lieu of Foreclosure
- Tuesday, March 19, 2013
4550 Swinnea Road, Memphis, TN 38118
Sale Amount: $4.2 million
Sale Date: March 7, 2013
Buyer: JPMCC 2007-LDP10 – 4550 SWINNEA RD LLC
Seller: Industrial Memphis International Owner LLC
Details: The Memphis International Distribution Center at 4550 Swinnea Road in Oakhaven has sold for $4.2 million in lieu of foreclosure.
46. FedEx Headquarters Building Sells for $22.6 Million
- Tuesday, March 12, 2013
942 S. Shady Grove Road Memphis, TN 38119
Sale Amount: $22.6 million
Sale Date: Feb. 21, 2013
47. FedEx Headquarters Building Sells for $22.6 Million
- Wednesday, March 06, 2013
The building that houses the corporate headquarters of FedEx Corp. at 942 S. Shady Grove Road in East Memphis has sold for $22.6 million.
48. J-Line Pump Growing in Collierville
- Friday, February 22, 2013
A local pumping equipment manufacturer is increasing its presence in the Collierville market.
J-Line Pump Co., doing business as American-Marsh Pumps, bought the 81,260-square-foot warehouse on 12.4 acres at 550 E. South St. for $1.4 million. This will be in addition to the adjoining 110,000-square-foot warehouse at 185 Progress Road the company has occupied since 1999.
49. Nike Buys Frayser Land From Belz for Expansion
- Tuesday, February 05, 2013
200 acres in Frayser Sale Amount: $2.2 million
Sale Date: Jan. 24, 2013
Buyer: Nike TN Inc.
50. Nike Buys Frayser Land From Belz for Expansion
- Friday, February 01, 2013
Nike Inc. has paid $2.2 million for about 200 acres of vacant land in Frayser from Belz Investco GP for an expansion of its North Memphis distribution center.
51. Realty Income Corp. Buys Herbalife Facility
- Tuesday, January 15, 2013
5025 Crumpler Road Memphis, TN 38141
Sale Amount: $16.6 million
52. Sekisui, Circa to Relocate Spaces
- Thursday, January 10, 2013
Two East Memphis restaurants soon will have new addresses.
Sekisui is moving from its original location in the Shops of Humphreys Center, 50 Humphreys Blvd., into Circa by John Bragg’s space in Regalia Shopping Center at 6150 Poplar Ave., suite 122. Circa plans to relocate west to Chickasaw Crossing, 2855 Poplar, in the space where Ronnie Grisanti’s restaurant operated for years.
53. Realty Income Corp. Buys Herbalife Facility
- Wednesday, January 09, 2013
An affiliate of Escondido, Calif.-based Realty Income Corp. has paid $16.6 million for the Herbalife International of America Inc. distribution center at 5025 Crumpler Road in Hickory Hill.
54. RocketFuel to Relocate Downtown Office
- Monday, December 10, 2012
RocketFuel LLC is preparing to relocate its Downtown office a block south to Belz Investco GP’s 88 Union Ave.
55. Delek Buys Lion Oil Facility for $6.4 Million
- Tuesday, November 20, 2012
1023 Riverside Drive Memphis, TN 38106
Sale Amount: $6.4 million
Sale Date: Nov. 7, 2012
56. Owner Files $10 Million Loan on DoubleTree Hotel
- Friday, November 16, 2012
GP Memphis LP has filed a $10 million loan through Goldman Sachs Mortgage Co. on the DoubleTree by Hilton Memphis hotel at 5069 Sanderlin Ave. in East Memphis.
57. Center City Revenue Finance Corp. Passes Financing for Downtown Buildings
- Thursday, November 15, 2012
The Downtown Memphis Commission’s Center City Revenue Finance Corp. passed several housekeeping items at its Tuesday, Nov. 13, board meeting, including assigning a payment-in-lieu-of-taxes (PILOT) lease agreement to Montreal-based Olymbec USA LLC for Brinkley Plaza, 80 Monroe Ave.
58. Center City Revenue Finance Corp. to Consider Brinkley Plaza Tax Break
- Thursday, November 08, 2012
The Downtown Memphis Commission’s Center City Revenue Finance Corp. (CCRFC) has a full agenda for its Tuesday, Nov. 13, board meeting, with leasing and financing requests for Brinkley Plaza, Toyota Plaza and the Peabody Hotel Tract.
59. LGSTX Services Expands Local Warehouse
- Friday, October 19, 2012
LGSTX Services Inc. is relocating and expanding its Memphis warehouse operations. The Wilmington, Ohio-based firm, which specializes in aviation support and facility services, has leased 184,680 square feet across two facilities in the Southwide Distribution area at 363 Burma Road and 410 Burma Road.
60. Lease Takes Appling Farms to Capacity
- Friday, September 28, 2012
A distributorship of Pella Corp. has inked 11,300 square feet in Appling Farms Corporate Park, 6972 Appling Farms Parkway.
61. Millstone Medical Expands Local Operations
- Friday, August 31, 2012
Fall River, Mass.-based Millstone Medical Outsourcing LLC is relocating its Memphis operations to a larger Olive Branch facility to broaden services and capacity.
62. Herbalife Plans to Expand Memphis Distribution Center
- Tuesday, August 21, 2012
5025 Crumpler Road
Memphis, TN 38141
Permit Cost: $4.8 million
Permit Date: Applied August 2012
63. Invacare Inks Lease in SE Memphis
- Friday, August 17, 2012
Invacare Continuing Care Inc. has inked a 3,500-square-foot lease at 4187 Senator St. in Southeast Memphis.
64. Herbalife Plans to Expand SE Memphis Distribution Ctr.
- Tuesday, August 14, 2012
Los Angeles-based Herbalife Ltd. is planning to expand its distribution center in the Southeast Memphis industrial submarket, filing a $4.8 million building permit application for the 5025 Crumpler Road property. The nutrition-focused multilevel-marketing company leases the site, which is in Chickasaw Distribution Center, from Memphis Herb GP.
65. Grant Entity Files $20M Loan For Collierville Construction
- Tuesday, August 07, 2012
25 acres north
Of Shea Road
Loan Amount: $20.4 million
Loan Date: July 31, 2012
Maturity Date: Aug. 1, 2017
Borrower: Westbrook Crossing GP
Lender: Magna Bank
66. National Capital Management Expands
- Friday, July 20, 2012
National Capital Management LLC has expanded by 3,900 square feet on the third floor at Southwind Office Center A, bringing the company’s total lease to 12,253 square feet.
67. Praxair Files $2M Permit App for Pidgeon Park Site Work
- Tuesday, July 10, 2012
3587 Paul R. Lowry Road
Memphis, TN 38109
Permit Cost: $2 million
Permit Date: Applied June 2012
Owner: Praxair Inc.
Tenant: Praxair Inc.
Contractor: W.G. Yates & Sons Construction Co.
Details: Praxair Inc., an industrial gases company that operates an air separation complex in Frank C. Pidgeon Industrial Park, has filed a $2 million building permit application to lay a foundation at its facility, 3587 Paul. R. Lowry Road.
68. Highland Meadows Sells for $5.5 Million
- Tuesday, May 01, 2012
5045 Airways Blvd.
Memphis, TN 38116
Sale Amount: $5.5 million
Sale Date: April 25, 2012
69. Unified Moves To East Pointe Biz Center
- Friday, April 20, 2012
An independent forensic engineering and investigations company has relocated its Mid-South Service Center to a more secure location.
Unified Investigations & Sciences Inc. has inked 8,565 square feet in East Pointe Business Center Building D, 3875 Vantech Drive. The Suwanee, Ga.-based tenant was previously located at 3955 Whitebrook Drive, where it serviced Arkansas, North Mississippi and West Tennessee.
70. ‘Washington Courtyard’ Sells For $900K
- Friday, February 24, 2012
A trio of office buildings at Washington Avenue and Danny Thomas Boulevard has traded hands for $900,000.
Investment group 301 WA LTD LLC of Arizona purchased the assets from Gregory Realty GP. Brian Califf of NAI Saig Co. represented the seller.
71. Elite Electric Relocates to Hickory Withe
- Friday, February 03, 2012
A local electrical designer is relocating its operations from Collierville to Hickory Withe.
Elite Electric & Lighting Inc. has purchased 5,000 square feet of the former John Deere Landscapes facility at 2875 U.S. 64 from K&L Highway 64 Investments LLC for $425,000.
72. STCC Takes Next Step In Nursing Bldg. Plans
- Tuesday, January 31, 2012
693 Union Ave.
Memphis, TN 38103
Permit Cost: $14.6 million
Project Cost: $18.2 million
73. Family Dollar Bldg. Sells for $1.1M
- Tuesday, January 24, 2012
Texas-based DCTN3 330 Highway 61 Memphis TN LLC has bought a Family Dollar building on 3390 U.S. 61 (also known as South Third Street) from Marketplace Development LLC for $1.1 million. In conjunction with the purchase, DCTN3 330 filed a $800,200 trust deed through Bank of the Ozarks.
74. Holmes Road Acreage, Lots Sell for $1.6M in Foreclosure
- Monday, December 26, 2011
Property on Holmes Road
Memphis, TN 38109
Sale Amount: $1.6 million
Sale Date: Nov. 18, 2011
Buyer: Renasant Bank
75. FedEx-Leased Building Financed for $9.9M
- Wednesday, December 21, 2011
Monmouth Real Estate Investment Corp. has filed a $9.9 million trust deed through First SunAmerica Life Insurance Co. for a warehouse at 5025 Tuggle Road occupied by FedEx Global Supply Chain Services Inc.
76. Land South of Shelby Forest Sells for $2.3 Million
- Tuesday, December 06, 2011
Near Shelby Forest Park
Sale Amount: $2.3 million
Sale Date: Nov. 17, 2011
Buyer: Warren Nickolas Nunn
Seller: Estate of William S. Howard Sr.
Loan Amount: $2.5 million
Loan Date: Nov. 18, 2011
Maturity Date: n/a
Lender: Patriot Bank
Details: Warren Nickolas Nunn has bought several large parcels of vacant land from the estate of William S. Howard Sr. for $2.3 million, financing it with a $2.5 million loan through Patriot Bank.
77. Lightman Entity Buys Sanderlin Centre
- Tuesday, November 08, 2011
5101 Sanderlin Ave.
Memphis, TN 38117
Sale Amount: $5.3 million
Sale Date: Nov. 1, 2011
78. Somerset Park Apartments Sell for $1.1 Million
- Tuesday, November 01, 2011
3425 Winchester Park Drive
Memphis, TN 38118
Sale Amount: $1.1 Million
79. Nissan North America Renews Lease In SE Shelby
- Friday, October 28, 2011
Nissan North America Inc. has renewed its 413,000-square-foot lease in Southeast Shelby County.
80. CVS Buys Bartlett Locale for Pharmacy
- Tuesday, October 25, 2011
A local affiliate of Woonsocket, R.I.-based CVS Caremark Corp., has bought the former Blue Plate Cafe at 6676 Stage Road in Bartlett from Stage Centre GP and Gill Enterprises GP in two transactions for a combined $2.2 million.
81. Shelby Oaks Red Roof Among 143 Sold
- Tuesday, September 27, 2011
6055 Shelby Oaks Drive
Memphis, TN 38134
Sale Amount: $1.6 million
82. Memphis Partnership Buys 65 Memphis-Area Properties
- Monday, September 26, 2011
RJ Real Estate Holdings GP, a Tennessee general partnership composed of Richard A. Cole and Jack A. Whitaker Jr., has bought properties in Shelby, Tipton and DeSoto counties for $3.2 million from Aubrey Bruce Wring; Virginia A. Wring; Aubrey B. Wring and Virginia A. Wring, trustees of the Wring Family Revocable Trust; Wring Real Estate LLC; Affordable Management LLC; and A&B Enterprises LLC.
83. New York Co. Buys Medical Office Buildings
- Tuesday, September 20, 2011
1333 Poplar Ave.
Memphis, TN 38104
Sale Amount: $2.9 million
Sale Date: Aug. 26, 2011
84. Lease on Former Three Alarm Studio in Foreclosure Again
- Friday, September 16, 2011
The leasehold on a former Downtown Memphis fire station with a checkered 25-year history and a strategic location – 200 Linden Ave. – is facing foreclosure again.
85. Foreclosure Notice Filed for 200 Linden Leasehold
- Wednesday, September 14, 2011
A first-run foreclosure notice has been filed for a leasehold interest of 200 Linden Ave., a former fire station that also has operated as a recording studio and a nightclub.
86. Substantial Deal Inked By Ontario-Based Manufacturer
- Friday, September 09, 2011
A substantial lease has been signed in a formerly distressed southwest Memphis industrial park that has made leaps and bounds since it was purchased by an out-of-town investor earlier this year.
KIK Custom Products, an Ontario-based manufacturer of national and retail brand consumer products, has signed a lease for 115,000 square feet in the Space Center Industrial Park, 265-353 Titan Drive.
87. MC Ionic Solutions US Begins Work on Fite Rd. Site
- Tuesday, July 19, 2011
2665 Fite Road
Memphis, TN 38127
Permit Amount: $1.3 million
Permit Date: Applied July 2011
88. MEPPI Buys Rivergate Park Acreage For Transformer Plant
- Tuesday, June 07, 2011
186.2 Acres In Rivergate Industrial Park
Sale Amount: $3.7 million
Sale Date: May 31, 2011
Buyer: Mitsubishi Electric Power Products Inc.
Seller: Belz Investco GP
Details: Warrendale, Pa.-based Mitsubishi Electric Power Products Inc. has bought three parcels in Rivergate Industrial Park from Belz Investco GP for $3.7 million. The deal closed May 31. The first parcel is 9.3 acres on the north side of Riverport Road (listed in the deed as Rivergate Road). It backs McKellar Lake, and the Shelby County Assessor of Property’s 2011 appraisal is $419,000. The second parcel is 63 acres on the south side of Riverport Road, appraised at $604,600. The third parcel is 113.9 acres on the north side of Riverport Road, wrapping around the 9.3-acre parcel and including an offshoot of McKellar Lake. Its 2011 appraisal is $769,600.
MEPPI announced in mid-February it would build a $200 million transformer manufacturing plant in Belz Enterprises Inc.-owned Rivergate Industrial Park.
In March, the Shelby County Commission and Memphis City Council each put in $1 million toward infrastructure financing for the project.
89. Mitsubishi Buys Land for Transformer Plant
- Friday, June 03, 2011
Warrendale, Pa.-based Mitsubishi Electric Power Products Inc. has bought three parcels in Rivergate Industrial Park from Belz Investco GP for $3.7 million. The deal closed May 31.
90. Blues City Brewery Buys Hardy Bottling
- Tuesday, May 17, 2011
5151 E. Raines Road
Memphis, TN 38118
Sale Amount: $10 million
Sale Date: May 2, 2011
Buyer: Blues City Brewery LLC
Seller: Chism Hardy Enterprises LLC
91. Northeast Submarket Bolstered By Trio of Deals
- Friday, April 15, 2011
A handful of industrial deals in recent weeks hit Northeast Memphis in full force, significantly tightening the already solid submarket.
Mattress Firm has signed a 23,500-square-foot lease in Century Center, 1590 Century Circle, for a new retail and distribution space.
92. Glencore Grain Buys Mendenhall Warehouse
- Tuesday, April 05, 2011
4834 S. Mendenhall Road
Memphis, TN 38118
Sale Amount: $6 Million
Sale Date: March 25, 2011
Buyer: Glencore Grain USA LLC
Seller: ProLogis NA2 Tennessee LLC
93. WPG Americas Signs Lease in Southaven
- Friday, March 18, 2011
A San Jose, Calif.-based worldwide electronics distributor is entering the Memphis area with full force.
WPG Americas Inc. has signed a 54,000-square-foot lease at Airways Distribution Center, 481 Industrial Drive, in Southaven. The project – a relocation of the WPG America’s New York facility – represents a $1.5 million investment by the company and will create 60 jobs over the next three years.
94. In Tough Economy, Rental Property Investments Shine
- Wednesday, March 02, 2011
With the housing market depressed and credit tight, Memphis’ home rental business doesn’t appear to be losing steam any time soon.
Last week, Memphis Investment Properties LLC hosted a three-day tour for a group of 19 New Zealand investors that bought 16 houses for a total $1.08 million.
95. Renovations Begin at Pinnacle Headquarters
- Tuesday, March 01, 2011
40 S. Main St.
Memphis, TN 38103
Permit Amount: $8.7 Million
Project Cost: $8.7 million
Permit Date: Applied February 2011
Owner: Memphis Commerce Square Partners
Tenant: Pinnacle Airlines Corp.
Contractor: Grinder, Taber & Grinder Inc.
96. Staples to Build First Memphis Location
- Friday, February 25, 2011
The world’s largest office products company will soon enter the Memphis market.
Framingham, Mass.-based Staples Inc. has signed a 17,945-square-foot lease at Ridgeway Trace, the shopping center at Poplar Avenue and Interstate 240 developed by Houston-based Weingarten Realty Investors.
97. Family Dollar Signs 2 Leases for Stores
- Friday, February 11, 2011
Family Dollar has signed a 12,000-square-foot lease at 2754 Lamar Ave. Shawn Massey, partner with The Shopping Center Group LLC, represented the tenant. Harold Blockman with Keller Williams Realty Inc. represented the landlord, Chong K and Dul S. Pae.
98. Wolf River Blvd. Land Sells in Lieu of Foreclosure
- Tuesday, February 08, 2011
Two parcels on Wolf River Boulevard
Sale Amount: $1.7 million
Sale Date: Dec. 28, 2010
Buyer: SunTrust Bank
Seller: Wolfby GP
99. Ongoing Foreclosure Crisis Far From Over
- Friday, January 28, 2011
The foreclosure crisis will get worse before it gets better – with 1 million homes foreclosed in 2010 and even more projected for default in 2011.
That was the message a room full of real estate professionals received this week when real estate information company Chandler Reports hosted its quarterly seminar on Shelby County Market trends, “Master Your Market: Year-in-Review.”
100. Louis Dreyfus Buys Kentucky Drive Warehouse
- Tuesday, January 25, 2011
2514 Kentucky Drive
Memphis, TN 38106
Sale Amount: $2.4 million
Sale Date: Dec. 28, 2010
Buyer: Louis Dreyfus Commodities Memphis Warehousing LLC
Seller: Westside Compress Co. Inc.