Editorial Results (free)
1. Collierville Explores New School Options
- Thursday, April 10, 2014
The Collierville Schools system is about to start the process of finding a site for a new high school and determining how much it would cost.
The Collierville school board voted unanimously Tuesday, April 8, to have the school system’s staff begin developing a request for the qualifications of an architect and planners to come up with plans for the school and select a site.
2. Collierville Reviews School Attendance Zones
- Tuesday, March 11, 2014
Collierville Schools board members meet Tuesday, March 11, to discuss attendance zones for the upcoming academic year as well as an interlocal agreement among the six suburban school systems for planning services.
3. Collierville Schools Prepares for Parent ‘Angst’
- Thursday, March 06, 2014
UPDATE: In a special meeting Friday, March 7, the Germantown Municipal Schools board voted 3-0 to rescind its tuition requirement for open enrollment of students living outside Germantown.
4. Collierville Fred’s Sells for $1.5 Million
- Tuesday, January 14, 2014
450 U.S. 72
Collierville, TN 38017
Sale Amount: $1.5 million
Sale Date: Dec. 20, 2013
Buyer: Collierville Realty Holdings LLC
Seller: Washington Square Properties (a Tennessee general partnership composed of Thomas W. Taylor, trustee of the Thomas W. Taylor Revocable Living Trust dated April 27, 2000, and Thomas W. Hart)
Loan Amount: $793,000
Loan Date: Dec. 20, 2013
Maturity Date: Dec. 20, 2016
Lender: First Capital Bank
Details: The 19,152-square-foot fred’s retail store at 450 U.S. 72 in Collierville has sold for $1.5 million.
5. Collierville Fred’s Sells for $1.5 Million
- Thursday, January 09, 2014
The 19,152-square-foot fred’s retail store at 450 U.S. 72 in Collierville has sold for $1.5 million.
Collierville Realty Holdings LLC bought the retail property in a Dec. 20 warranty deed from Washington Square Properties, a Tennessee general partnership composed of Thomas W. Taylor, trustee of the Thomas W. Taylor Revocable Living Trust dated April 27, 2000, and Thomas W. Hart.
6. Bartlett, Collierville Reach Tentative Schools Deals With County
- Thursday, November 21, 2013
There are now four tentative agreements between Shelby County Schools and suburban leaders for the formation of suburban school districts.
Bartlett Mayor Keith McDonald confirmed Thursday, Nov. 21, that his city and Shelby County Schools have reached a tentative agreement in which Bartlett would pay Shelby County Schools $7.2 million over 12 years at $608,000 a year.
7. Collierville Retail Center Sells for $1 Million
- Monday, August 19, 2013
The 7,465-square-foot shopping center at 9125 E. Shelby Drive in Collierville has sold for $1 million, helping its owner avoid foreclosure.
8. Schaefer Files Loan on Collierville Warehouse
- Wednesday, July 31, 2013
The owner of the 160,180-square-foot warehouse at 870 Keough Road in Collierville has filed a $3.1 million loan on the property, which houses Nashville-based millwork manufacturing and distribution company Central Woodwork.
9. Collierville Retail Center Owner Files $1.5 Million Loan
- Wednesday, July 24, 2013
The owner of the 43,585-square-foot retail center at 783 W. Poplar Ave. in Collierville has filed a $1.5 million loan on the property.
10. Collierville Retail Center Facing Foreclosure
- Thursday, July 11, 2013
The owner of the 7,465-square-foot shopping center at 9125 E. Shelby Drive in Collierville is in default, according to a first-run foreclosure notice in the Thursday, July 11, edition of The Daily News.
11. Collierville Acreage Sells for $1.1 Million
- Friday, January 04, 2013
A partnership called Crisscross Partners LLC has paid $1.1 million for a 22.19-acre vacant parcel at 115 Crisscross Lane in Collierville.
12. Wilson Auto Group Affiliate Buys Collierville Acreage
- Wednesday, September 05, 2012
An entity affiliated with Mississippi-based Wilson Auto Group has bought 4.8 acres at the northwest corner of South Byhalia Road and Tenn. 385 and filed a $5.3 million construction loan for the property.
13. Collierville Entity Buys 14.6 Acres on Byhalia Rd.
- Wednesday, August 24, 2011
Halle Acquisition Fund has bought vacant land in Collierville from ECG Wolf River for $1.1 million.
No loan documents were filed with the Shelby County Register of Deeds at the time of sale.
14. Collierville-Based Venture Buys Summer Gas Station
- Monday, April 11, 2011
Collierville-based SAN Investments Inc. has bought a gas station at 6105 Highway 70 (also known as 6105 Summer Ave.) from JD Ventures II LLC for $1.3 million. The deal closed April 4.
15. Collierville Land Sells at Foreclosure Sale
- Wednesday, March 02, 2011
Memphis-based CGL Investments LLC has bought two parcels of vacant land in Collierville at a foreclosure sale for $942,400. The parcels were originally owned by MSMM-II Realty Investment Co., which defaulted on a 2005 loan.
16. Bella Vita Expands Collierville Store
- Friday, February 04, 2011
Upscale home décor and gift retailer Bella Vita is literally “raising the roof” on its Collierville store at 3670 Houston Levee Road – an expansion that’s not exactly common these days in the world of retail.
17. MAAR to Host Forum on Collierville Real Estate
- Monday, January 17, 2011
Memphis Area Association of Realtors will host the first in a series of real estate forums to take place on Tuesday.
The forum – a planned partnership with the Town of Collierville – is open to all Collierville residents and is intended to offer localized information on the real estate industry from professionals who have a concentration of experience in the Collierville area.
18. Collierville Office Building Sells for $1.3M in Foreclosure
- Tuesday, December 28, 2010
472 W. Poplar Ave.
Collierville, TN 38017
Sale Amount: $1.3 million
Sale Date: Dec. 14, 2010
Buyer: First Citizens National Bank
Seller: Ralph Henson, trustee
Orig. Borrower: Loyal Featherstone Realtors Inc.
Orig. Lender: First Citizens National Bank
Orig. Loan Amount: $1.6 million
Orig. Loan Date: March 7, 2007
Orig. Maturity: March 7, 2008
19. Collierville Office Building Sells for $1.3M in Foreclosure
- Thursday, December 23, 2010
First Citizens National Bank has bought a low-rise office building at 472 W. Poplar Ave. in Collierville at a foreclosure sale. The sale was due to Loyal Featherstone Realtors Inc.’s default on a $1.6 million loan. First Citizens paid $1.3 million for the property.
20. Collierville LLC Buys Warford Retail Property
- Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Eastview Properties LLC has bought a 9,180-square-foot, two-bay retail building from Shopping Centers of TN for $1.6 million. The building was built in 2003 on the east side of Warford Street north of James Road. It is divided into 5,100- and 4,080-square-foot bays.
21. Bank of Fayette County Buys Collierville Acreage
- Tuesday, May 18, 2010
The Bank of Fayette County has paid $1 million for a 1.56-acre parcel of land along the east side of Houston Levee Road in Collierville.
22. Holrob Sells Last Piece Of Collierville Crossing Retail Center
- Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Collierville, TN 38017
Sale Amount: $1.5 Million
Sale Date: Oct. 15, 2009
Buyer: Murray-Collierville LLC
Seller: Holrob-Collierville LLC
Loan Amounts: $1.2 million; $200,000
Loan Dates: Oct. 15, 2009
Maturity Dates: Nov. 2, 2034; Oct. 15, 2014
Lenders: Community Financial Services Bank; Holrob-Collierville GP
23. Aldi Inc. Buys Land For Collierville Store
- Tuesday, January 13, 2009
523 W. Poplar Ave.
Collierville, TN 38017
Sale Amount: $1 Million
Sale Date: Nov. 25, 2008
Buyer: Aldi Collierville LLC
Seller: Martin and Mildred Tippit
24. Collierville Red Robin Sells for $2 Million
- Monday, September 22, 2008
Ohio investors have bought the Red Robin Gourmet Burgers restaurant in Collierville for $2 million. The 6,582-square-foot restaurant, completed last year, sits on a 1.72-acre outparcel of The Avenue Carriage Crossing shopping center.
25. Collierville Acreage Sells for $1.4 Million
- Monday, July 07, 2008
The Houston Levee Trust has bought two tracts of land totaling 2.48 acres on the Ballard Property Planned Development in Collierville for $1.4 million from the Forest Hill Land Trust, with Douglas R. Beaty as trustee.
26. Collierville’s Peterson Lake Recognized by Governor
- Tuesday, May 27, 2008
The Peterson Lake Nature Area in Collierville has been recognized as part of the 2008 Governor’s Environmental Stewardship Awards.
Peterson Lake was recognized in the Greenways and Trails category.
27. Main Street ColliervilleReceives Nat'l Recognition
- Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Main Street Collierville has been accredited as a 2008 National Main Street Program for meeting the commercial district revitalization performance standards set by the National Trust Main Street Center.
28. Bredesen Approves GrantFor Collierville Main Street
- Wednesday, April 09, 2008
Gov. Phil Bredesen has approved a $23,000 Main Street Innovation grant for the Collierville Main Street Program. Of that amount, $20,000 will be used for a series of heritage education programs for Downtown and $3,000 wi
29. Proponents Hopeful CDDC Would Strengthen Collierville's Town Square
- Monday, July 09, 2007
During the past two decades Collierville has evolved from sleepy suburb to thriving town. Thanks to an upscale mall, an extended highway and, most notably, an eastward population shift in Shelby County, this town of more than 40,000 residents has become one of Tennessee's fastest-growing communities.
30. Collierville Busts Out All Over With Layers Of Retail Growth
- Tuesday, August 01, 2006
Collierville has seen a metamorphosis in the past decade, evolving from a sleepy small town to a blossoming bedroom community to a thriving, self-sustaining suburb that continues to attract new businesses in droves.
31. Among Other Events, Collierville Hosts Fireworks Extravaganza Today
- Monday, July 03, 2006
The Town of Collierville holds an Independence Day Celebration from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. in H.W. Cox Jr. Park, 440 W. Powell Road. A fireworks show is scheduled to begin at 9:30 p.m. For more information, call 853-3225.
32. Collierville Geeks SaveData for Coastal Residents
- Tuesday, June 13, 2006
As the first storm of the hurricane season – tropical storm Alberto – gains strength and approaches landfall in Florida, Collierville-based Remote Backup Systems Inc. (RBS) is doing what it can to help people who might be affe
33. Collierville Chamber to Relocate, Expand
- Monday, October 17, 2005
Collierville Chamber of Commerce officials have been looking for a new home for a few years now - and it seems they finally have found one.
The chamber expects to break ground next month on a new facility in Halle Park Professional Centre, adjacent to Collierville Town Hall.