Editorial Results (free)
1. McLain Joins Counterpart in Copywriting Role
- Wednesday, January 09, 2013
Rebekah McLain has joined Counterpart Communication Design as copywriter. In her new role, McLain will write copy for print and websites, with areas of expertise including higher education, security and disability law, neuropsychology and hospitality.
2. Obama Carries Shelby, Cohen Over Flinn and Two Tax Hikes Defeated
- Wednesday, November 07, 2012
President Barack Obama carried Shelby County in unofficial Nov. 6 election returns as his Republican challenger Mitt Romney took the state’s 11 electoral votes.
Voter turnout in the most popular election cycle among Shelby County voters was 61.9 percent, about the same percentage as four years ago. But the 371,256 voters is fewer than 2008 when more than 400,000 Shelby County voters cast ballots. The percentage is about the same because there are fewer registered voters in Shelby County than there were four years ago after a purge by election officials.
3. Levine Named President of Southern Growth Studio
- Wednesday, October 10, 2012
Mark Levine has joined Southern Growth Studio as president. In his role, Levine leads the firm’s Strategic Analysis team and plays a key part in the company’s culture, business development and client relationship management.
4. RedRover Names Thomson Account Manager
- Wednesday, October 03, 2012
Melissa Thomson has been promoted to account manager from account executive at RedRover Sales & Marketing. In her expanded role, Thomson serves as a fractional chief marketing officer for growing Mid-South companies by conducting critical market research then creating and executing marketing strategies.
5. Evans Joins American Esoteric as Vice President
- Wednesday, September 19, 2012
Dr. Jess Evans has joined American Esoteric Laboratories as vice president of technical operations. In his new role, Evans is responsible for instrumentation, personnel, operational performance and quality assurance for the Memphis laboratory.
6. Suburban School Board Races Almost Set
- Friday, August 17, 2012
Races on the Nov. 6 ballot for six sets of suburban school boards took shape Thursday, Aug. 16, at the noon filing deadline for candidate qualifying petitions.
The candidates that made the deadline have another week to withdraw from the races if they wish.
7. Millington Candidates File for August Election
- Monday, April 09, 2012
The field for Millington mayor in that city’s Aug. 2 nonpartisan general election is three candidates following last week’s filing deadline.
It includes former Mayor Terry Jones, who lost a re-election bid four years ago to Richard Hodges; Kenneth Uselton and Debra Sigee.
8. Cohen-Hart in Congressional Race at Filing Deadline
- Friday, April 06, 2012
The chairman of the countywide school board, Billy Orgel, was effectively elected to his District 7 school board seat without opposition at the Thursday, April 5, filing deadline for candidates on the Aug. 2 primary and general election ballot in Shelby County.
9. ‘Undefeated’ Puts City in Limelight
- Thursday, February 16, 2012
It’s been seven years since the made-in-Memphis movie “Walk the Line” won an Oscar for Best Actress and had four other nominations, but at this year’s Academy Awards – set for Feb. 26 – Memphis will be back in the spotlight.
10. Designer Burford Joins Howell Marketing
- Wednesday, February 15, 2012
Marc Burford has joined Howell Marketing Strategies as graphic design and photography coordinator.
11. Smith Named Vice Prez At S. Webster Haining
- Wednesday, November 30, 2011
Doug Smith has been named vice president, administrative operations, at S. Webster Haining & Co.
12. Glankler Brown Attorneys Named SuperLawyers
- Monday, November 21, 2011
Fourteen attorneys from Glankler Brown PLLC have been selected by their peers for inclusion in Mid-South Super Lawyers magazine.
13. Distinctions, Honors Roll In for Glankler Brown
- Thursday, November 10, 2011
A lot has been going on over the last few months at Glankler Brown PLLC – one of the largest law firms in the city.
14. Memphian Cobb Joins MIFA As Meals on Wheels Director
- Wednesday, November 02, 2011
Trentwood Cobb has joined Metropolitan Inter-Faith Association as director of MIFA Meals on Wheels, which provides hot meals to senior citizens in the greater Memphis area.
15. Jackson Joins Devcon Security as GM
- Wednesday, October 05, 2011
Eric Jackson has joined Devcon Security as general manager of the company’s Memphis branch. Jackson’s primary focus will be hiring and training sales people and technicians, as well as building daily branch operations and acting as the brand ambassador to building partnerships in the community.
16. Who’s Who of Soul to Perform for MED Foundation
- Thursday, March 31, 2011
More than a dozen legendary soul artists plan to bring down the house – in this case The Peabody hotel – during a one-night-only, blowout concert benefiting The MED Foundation, the fundraising arm of The Regional Medical Center at Memphis.
17. 20 Glankler Brown Attorneys in Best Lawyers in America ‘11
- Tuesday, August 10, 2010
Twenty attorneys from Glankler Brown PLLC have been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2011.
18. 12 Glankler Brown Attorneys Included in SuperLawyers
- Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Twelve attorneys from Glankler Brown PLLC have been selected for inclusion in the 2009 edition of Mid-South SuperLawyers.
19. 16 Glankler Brown Attorneys Chosen for Best Lawyers
- Friday, August 07, 2009
Sixteen attorneys from the Memphis law firm Glankler Brown PLLC recently were selected by their colleagues for inclusion in the 2010 edition of The Best Lawyers in America.
The attorneys selected were Louis F. Allen, Saul C. Belz, John David Blaylock, William L. Bomar, R. Grattan Brown Jr., Oscar C. Carr III, Lee J. Chase III, B. Douglas Earthman, Charles W. Hill, R. Hunter Humphreys, Robert L. Hutton, William T. Mays Jr., George T. Nassar Jr., J. William Pierce Jr., Douglas P. Quay and C. Barry Ward. All of these lawyers were selected within their specific areas of practice.
20. Drompp Named Faculty Dean, VP for Academic Affairs at Rhodes
- Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Michael R. Drompp has been appointed dean of the faculty and vice president for academic affairs at Rhodes College. Drompp will provide leadership for academic departments and interdisciplinary programs in curricular, personnel and budgetary matters.
21. The Flintco Cos. Names Musson Business Development Director
- Wednesday, April 01, 2009
Troy Musson has been hired by The Flintco Cos. Inc. as its director of business development for Flintco’s Memphis and Springdale, Ark., offices.
22. Ewing Honored in Princeton Premier
- Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Charles L. Ewing Sr., president and CEO of Ewing Moving Service Inc., has been named an honored member in business by online business community Princeton Premier.
23. Renasant Names Wiegert VP, Mortgage Production Manager
- Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Michael Wiegert has been named vice president and mortgage production manager for Renasant Bank in Memphis.
24. Head Selected as Director Of SWTCC Library
- Wednesday, November 05, 2008
Carolyn Head has been selected to serve as executive director of Library Services for Southwest Tennessee Community College.
25. York Elected President Of Memphis Tri-State Fence Association
- Wednesday, May 07, 2008
Bill York, vice president of sales and marketing for Dillard Door and Entrance Central, has been elected president of the Memphis Tri-State Fence Association, a chapter of the American Fence Association (AFA).
26. Stallworth Named Board President At Association of Fundraising Professionals
- Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Virginia Stallworth is the new president of the board of directors for the Association of Fundraising Professionals.
Stallworth has served on the board since 2005. She is the associate director at the Memphis Child Advocacy Center, where she has worked for nine years. Stallworth also serves on the board of directors for the Memphis Area Women's Council.
27. Moving Day Approaches For Nine Council Members
- Friday, December 14, 2007
Nine Memphis City Council members will begin a transition starting next week. Their pictures will go from one side of the City Council chambers at City Hall to the other side.
The nine are leaving the council in what is the largest turnover of seats in the 40-year history of the 13-member body. Current council members have their pictures on the wall on one side of the chamber. The portraits of former council members line the wall on the other side.
28. Pitts Receives Compliance Expert Certification
- Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Dallas Pitts, compliance officer at FAA Federal Credit Union, has received Cuna's Credit Union Compliance Expert certification.
The certification covers all federal regulations for credit unions, as well as giving an overview of state regulations.
Pitts has worked for FAA FCU for more than 11 years, holding positions as a teller, member services representative and compliance officer.
29. Ronald McDonald House Charities of Memphis Names Byrd Executive Director
- Wednesday, October 10, 2007
Caron Byrd has been hired as executive director of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Memphis. Previously, Byrd served as deputy manager of the Mid-South chapter of the American Red Cross, where she was employed for more than 11 years.
30. From 'Nerve-Wracking' Experiences To High Honors,Glankler Brown's Carr Has Seen it All
- Thursday, June 28, 2007
Oscar "Bo" Carr III has been practicing law at Glankler Brown PLLC for more than 30 years, but one experience that happened a few years after he joined the firm will stay with him forever.
Carr, now a member of the firm, was in court with Frank J. Glankler Jr., who was the firm's lead litigator at the time and now is of counsel with the firm. One of the firm's clients, Union Planters Bank, was involved in a lawsuit in the late 1970s with Stax Records' owner Al Bell. The Rev. Jesse Jackson had taken the stand as a character witness for Bell.
31. Marshall Changes Administrative Roles at Methodist University Hospital
- Wednesday, May 09, 2007
Barry Marshall has been named administrator of clinical business development at Methodist University Hospital. Marshall has worked at Methodist since 2004 as administrator of the Transplant Institute. Prior to joining Methodist, he worked at the Health Alliance of Greater Cincinnati where he was the administrator of transplant services and later the director of transplant services and managed care. He received a bachelor's degree in health care administration in 1999 from Columbus, Ohio-based Franklin University and a master's degree in business administration in 2005 from Caldwell, Idaho-based Canyon College.
32. Oscar Carr Named FellowOf Litigation Counsel
- Thursday, April 19, 2007
Glankler Brown PLLC attorney Oscar C. Carr III has been named a Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America. The organization is an honorary society for trial lawyers comprised of experienced litigators throughout the Un
33. Askew Named National Director of Engineering Group
- Wednesday, August 31, 2005
Mark W. Askew, president of Askew Hargraves Harcourt & Associates Inc., was appointed to a two-year term as national director of the American Council of Engineering Cos. of Tennessee. Askew is a civil engineer with 30 years of structural engineering experience.
34. ABWA Chapter Names Woman of the Year
- Wednesday, August 24, 2005
Cheryl D. Fleming of Crye-Leike, Realtors, was named 2005 Woman of the Year by the local chapter of the American Business Women's Association. Fleming currently serves as president of the association.
35. Archived Article: Newsmakers
- Wednesday, November 24, 2004
Young Lawyers Division Announces New Board Members
MSO Names New General Manager
Alberto Gutierrez joined Memphis Symphony Orchestra as general manager. Gutierrez previously served as operations manager for the San Antonio Symphony. After grad...
36. Archived Article: Newsmakers
- Wednesday, May 19, 2004
GLANKLER BROWN ATTORNEYS SOME OF THE BEST IN AMERICA
VA Researcher Awarded for Scientific Achievement
Dr. Andrew H. Kang was presented the William S. Middleton Award, the Department of Veterans Affairs most prestigious award for scientific ach...
37. Archived Article: Law Briefs
- Thursday, December 12, 2002
Ten Glankler Brown attorneys were selected by attorneys nationwide for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2002-2003
Ten Glankler Brown attorneys were selected by lawyers nationwide for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2002-2003. Lou...
38. Archived Article: Law Briefs
- Thursday, December 14, 2000
Seven attorneys from the Memphis-based law firm Harris, Shelton, Dunlap, Cobb & Ryder were included in the ninth edition of T Nineteen attorneys from Baker, Donelson, Bearman & Caldwell were included in the ninth edition of "The Best La...
39. Archived Article: Calendar
- Monday, April 20, 1998
April 21 April 21 The Society for Human Resource Management will meet at 11:30 a.m. at the Racquet Club, 5111 Sanderlin. The speaker will be U.S. Navy Capt. Ann E. Rondeau. The cost is $25 for nonmembers. For reservations, call Eloise McGee at 375-5...
40. Archived Article: Law Briefs
- Thursday, March 20, 1997
Seven attorneys at Glankler Brown PLLC have been named to the Best Lawyers in America list Seven attorneys at Glankler Brown PLLC have been named to the Best Lawyers in America list. They are Frank J. Glankler Jr. for business litigation, criminal d...