Editorial Results (free)
1. Crowne Plaza Hotel Sells Out of Foreclosure
- Tuesday, January 08, 2013
300 N. Second St. Memphis, TN 38103
Sale Amount: $9.4 million
Sale Date: Dec. 28, 2012
2. Collierville Acreage Sells for $1.1 Million
- Friday, January 04, 2013
A partnership called Crisscross Partners LLC has paid $1.1 million for a 22.19-acre vacant parcel at 115 Crisscross Lane in Collierville.
3. Ciaramitaro Joins Grace-St. Luke’s as School Counselor
- Wednesday, September 26, 2012
Licensed clinical social worker Courtney Ciaramitaro has joined Grace-St. Luke’s Episcopal School as school counselor. She will work primarily with middle school students.
4. Burch Porter Attorneys Named Super Lawyers
- Monday, November 28, 2011
Fourteen Burch, Porter & Johnson PLLC attorneys have been included in the 2011 edition of Mid-South Super Lawyers magazine.
5. Brucker Joins McManus Reilly As Investment, Insurance Adviser
- Wednesday, October 12, 2011
Edward Brucker III has joined McManus Reilly Financial Foresight as investment and insurance adviser.
Hometown: Tucson, Ariz.
Education: Master of business administration from University of Phoenix
6. Local Office Latest Proof Of M&P’s Growth Mode
- Thursday, February 24, 2011
Merchants & Planters Bank has something in common with a few of its local lending peers like BankTennessee and Evolve Bank & Trust.
7. Growth on Tap at BankTennessee
- Wednesday, January 12, 2011
At least one local bank is turning the page on 2010 – a year when the Shelby County housing market saw a drop in purchase mortgage activity – by growing its mortgage department.
Collierville-based BankTennessee has added a new mortgage underwriter and mortgage loan officer, moves the bank’s president and CEO Jim Rout said are part of a strategy to grow all areas of the bank and continue extending its reach into its Middle and West Tennessee markets.
8. Burch Porter & Johnson Attorneys Recognized
- Monday, November 15, 2010
Fifteen Burch, Porter & Johnson PLLC attorneys have been included in the 2010 edition of Mid-South Super Lawyers.
9. Burch Porter Attorneys Named in Best Lawyers
- Friday, August 20, 2010
Seventeen attorneys from Burch, Porter & Johnson PLLC have been named to the 2011 edition of The Best Lawyers in America.
10. Rout Brings Experience, Leadership To BankTennessee
- Friday, July 23, 2010
Jim Rout was an elected official in Shelby County for nearly 30 years and served two terms as the county’s mayor, beginning in 1994.
It’s safe to say he’s a very experienced public speaker, but back in 1961, as a freshman at then-Memphis State University, the prospect of speaking in front of a few of his college classmates was so daunting that he walked out of the class and never came back.
11. Burch Porter Attys Honored By Mid-South Super Lawyers
- Monday, November 30, 2009
Fourteen attorneys at Burch, Porter & Johnson PLLC have been included in the 2009 edition of Mid-South Super Lawyers.
12. U of M Names Murrell Assistant Dean of Distance Education
- Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Dr. Vicki Murrell has been named assistant dean of distance education for the University of Memphis.
13. Leonard Joins Madison Hotel As Director of Sales
- Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Liese Leonard recently joined the Madison Hotel as director of sales.
Leonard is responsible for overseeing all internal and external sales efforts for the hotel including developing new accounts, maintaining existing accounts and supervising all sales and catering associates.
14. Renasant Names Wiegert VP, Mortgage Production Manager
- Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Michael Wiegert has been named vice president and mortgage production manager for Renasant Bank in Memphis.
15. Archived Article
- Tuesday, January 29, 2008
3660, 3670 and 3680 Houston Levee Road
Collierville, TN 38017
Sale Amount: $15.8 million
Sale Date: Jan. 22, 2008
16. Archived Article
- Tuesday, October 16, 2007
Sale Amount: $ 2 million; $2.1 million ($4.1 million total)
Sale Date: Sept. 27, 2007
17. Local Investment CompanyBuys Collierville Property
- Monday, October 15, 2007
Local investor Grant Properties LLC has bought vacant lots in Collierville's The Villages at Porter Farms in Collierville. Two sales deeds for $2 million and $2.1 million were signed Sept. 27.
18. Ronald McDonald House Charities of Memphis Names Byrd Executive Director
- Wednesday, October 10, 2007
Caron Byrd has been hired as executive director of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Memphis. Previously, Byrd served as deputy manager of the Mid-South chapter of the American Red Cross, where she was employed for more than 11 years.
19. Christensen Named to Top Posts At Leading Medical Facilities
- Wednesday, August 16, 2006
Michael L. Christensen has been appointed the Stevens Professor in Pediatric Clinical Pharmacy at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center College of Pharmacy. Christensen also has assumed the directorship of the Pharmaceutical Department of Le Bonheur Children's Medical Center, as well as the directorship of the Pediatric Clinical Research Unit at the Children's Foundation Research Center. He is a pediatric clinical pharmacist with expertise in clinical pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics, pediatric therapeutics and pediatric clinical trials. The new Stevens professorship was established and funded by Mr. and Mrs. David Stevens.
20. Fons to Lead NewDivision at BankTennessee
- Friday, June 30, 2006
BankTennessee has started a new Private Banking Services division that will be able to offer more specialized banking services, and board member and chief operating officer/chief credit officer Philip C. Fons has been tapped t
21. Burch Porter's Feibelman Becomes Fellow of American College of Trial Lawyers
- Thursday, May 11, 2006
The American College of Trial Lawyers recently invited Jef Feibelman, an attorney with Burch, Porter & Johnson PLLC, to be a fellow of the college.
One of the premier trial associations in America, the college extends fellowship by invitation only to experienced trial lawyers who have mastered the art of advocacy and whose professional careers have been marked by the highest standards of ethical conduct, professionalism, civility and collegiality.
22. Collierville PropertySells for $7.8 Million
- Friday, April 14, 2006
Anna Catherine Ellis has purchased 22.56 acres of vacant land in Collierville from Joel H. Porter Sr., John M. Porter and Joel H. Porter Jr. for $7.8 million. Zoned for agricultural use, the land is on the south side of East Shelby Drive and is part
23. Forest Hill Properties Buys 14 Lots in Porter Farms Development
- Tuesday, February 14, 2006
14 lots in
Cost: $1.2 million
Buyer: Forest Hill Properties Inc.
Seller: Porter Farms Area 1 Inc.
24. Fair Installed as President of State Realtor Group
- Wednesday, September 28, 2005
Rosemarie Fair was installed as president of the Tennessee Association of Realtors for 2006. Fair, CEO of Memphis-based One Source Commercial Inc., was named TAR Realtor of the Year in 2004. The Memphis Area Association of Realtors named her Realtor of the Year in 1991.
25. Archived Article: Daily Digest
- Wednesday, March 09, 2005
Property Near Trinity
Property Near Trinity
Financed for $20.7 Million
Cordova Apartments LLC has financed 32.2 acres near Germantown Parkway and Trinity Road for $20.7 million, according to The Daily News Public Records Database, www.memph...
26. Archived Article: Real Recap
- Tuesday, March 01, 2005
Highland Point Planned Near Berryhill Road
34.27 acres in
Cost: $1.1 million
Buyer: Latting Road Partners LLC
Seller: David Miller LLC
Property: 34.27 acres in Wilderwood Estates Subdivision in Cordova. The...
27. Archived Article: Newsmakers
- Wednesday, November 24, 2004
Young Lawyers Division Announces New Board Members
MSO Names New General Manager
Alberto Gutierrez joined Memphis Symphony Orchestra as general manager. Gutierrez previously served as operations manager for the San Antonio Symphony. After grad...
28. Archived Article: Law Talk
- Thursday, November 18, 2004
Law Talk - Ralph B
Burch Porter Member Opens London Office
LANE GARDNER CAMP
The Daily News
Ralph B. Lake, a member of Burch, Porter & Johnson PLLC, is now living in London as the firms representative in a new Central London office f...
29. Archived Article: Lead
- Tuesday, November 09, 2004
By Andy Meek
Community Service Aids in Recruitment
Employers, workers placing added value in civic service
The Daily News
The Memphis law firm of Burch, Porter & Johnson PLLC, celebrating its 100-year anniversary this ye...
30. Archived Article: Law
- Thursday, October 21, 2004
Grand Old Firm Turns 100
Burch, Porter & Johnson Reflects on 100 Years
The Daily News
Its a grand old building that has played host to some of the citys most prominent citizens, not to mention a handful of U.S. presidents...
31. Archived Article: Real Review
- Tuesday, July 01, 2003
Fogelman Management Group nabs national awards
Fogelman Management Group nabs national awards
Fogelman Management Group recently received two Paragon Awards from the National Apartment Association.
The Paragon Awards are given annually by t...
32. Archived Article: Memos
- Wednesday, October 23, 2002
Marie Burgess, Marissa Mulhern, Elaine Wunderlich and Vince Mashburn joined Askew Hargraves Harcourt & Associates Inc
Seven attorneys from Burch, Porter & Johnson were included in the 2003-2004 edition of The Best Lawyers in America. C. T...
33. Archived Article: Law Briefs
- Thursday, February 14, 2002
Burch Porter & Johnson has a new management structure Burch Porter & Johnson has a new management structure. Joel Porter assumed the position of chairman. David J. Harris will serve as the firms financial manager. Susan M. Clark will serve a...
34. Archived Article: Benchmark
- Thursday, November 14, 1996
Medical Services Research Group Inc Medical Services Research Group Inc. vs. Tennessee Behavioral Health Inc., PHP Companies Inc. and Covenant Health. A local corporation is suing three Knoxville corporations in Circuit Court for breach of contract....
35. Archived Article: Benchmark Cases
- Thursday, November 09, 1995
benchmark cases Shepard Tissue Inc. vs. United Paperworkers International Union. The company that bought Kimberly-Clark's operation on Presidents Island is lashing out against the company's union for a series of complaints filed with the National La...