Editorial Results (free)
1. Lee Joins MOGA’s DeSoto Office
- Wednesday, September 10, 2014
Dr. Daniel Lee has joined the DeSoto office of Memphis Obstetrics & Gynecological Association PC. Lee provides comprehensive women’s health services, including office gynecology, obstetrics and surgical management, to women of all ages.
2. Meadows Appointed to State Dentistry Board
- Wednesday, December 04, 2013
Dr. Dan T. Meadows has been appointed to the Tennessee Board of Dentistry by Gov. Bill Haslam. Meadows, who has a private practice on Walnut Grove Road, will serve as the Rotating Dentist member through June 2016.
3. Moore Rejoins Girls Inc. as President/CEO
- Wednesday, August 28, 2013
Lisa Moore recently joined Girls Inc. of Memphis as president/CEO, returning to the organization where she began her career in the late 1980s. In her new role, Moore said, she will provide leadership and support to equip Girls Inc. of Memphis to effectively and efficiently fulfill its mission of equipping all girls to live strong, smart and bold.
4. McLain Joins Counterpart in Copywriting Role
- Wednesday, January 09, 2013
Rebekah McLain has joined Counterpart Communication Design as copywriter. In her new role, McLain will write copy for print and websites, with areas of expertise including higher education, security and disability law, neuropsychology and hospitality.
5. Blaylock Honored as Fellow in Memphis Bar Foundation
- Thursday, November 15, 2012
David Blaylock grew up in Smalltown, America. Oxford, Miss., to be exact, on the historic square in his father’s shop, Blaylock Drug Store, the current home of Square Books.
6. Bar Foundation Adds Glankler Brown Attorney
- Monday, October 22, 2012
Glankler Brown PLLC attorney David Blaylock has been named a Fellow of the Memphis Bar Foundation.
7. RedRover Names Thomson Account Manager
- Wednesday, October 03, 2012
Melissa Thomson has been promoted to account manager from account executive at RedRover Sales & Marketing. In her expanded role, Thomson serves as a fractional chief marketing officer for growing Mid-South companies by conducting critical market research then creating and executing marketing strategies.
8. Evans Joins American Esoteric as Vice President
- Wednesday, September 19, 2012
Dr. Jess Evans has joined American Esoteric Laboratories as vice president of technical operations. In his new role, Evans is responsible for instrumentation, personnel, operational performance and quality assurance for the Memphis laboratory.
9. Glankler Brown Attorneys Named SuperLawyers
- Monday, November 21, 2011
Fourteen attorneys from Glankler Brown PLLC have been selected by their peers for inclusion in Mid-South Super Lawyers magazine.
10. Memphian Cobb Joins MIFA As Meals on Wheels Director
- Wednesday, November 02, 2011
Trentwood Cobb has joined Metropolitan Inter-Faith Association as director of MIFA Meals on Wheels, which provides hot meals to senior citizens in the greater Memphis area.
11. Jackson Joins Devcon Security as GM
- Wednesday, October 05, 2011
Eric Jackson has joined Devcon Security as general manager of the company’s Memphis branch. Jackson’s primary focus will be hiring and training sales people and technicians, as well as building daily branch operations and acting as the brand ambassador to building partnerships in the community.
12. Blaylock Inducted Into American College of Bankruptcy
- Thursday, April 28, 2011
David Blaylock of Glankler Brown PLLC was recently recognized by the American College of Bankruptcy for his high standard of professionalism by being inducted as a fellow into the organization.
13. Humphreys Joins Keller Williams Realty
- Wednesday, April 20, 2011
Herbo Humphreys has joined the Crump Realty Group of Keller Williams Realty. Humphreys previously worked as a project supervisor for Bryan-Turley Properties.
14. Hard Work Key to Success for Glankler’s Blaylock
- Thursday, September 23, 2010
Memphis attorney David Blaylock of Glankler Brown PLLC finds himself listed in many national publications as one of the best bankruptcy lawyers in the country. When you have practiced law since 1964 in Shelby County, name recognition will follow.
15. 20 Glankler Brown Attorneys in Best Lawyers in America ‘11
- Tuesday, August 10, 2010
Twenty attorneys from Glankler Brown PLLC have been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2011.
16. Evolve Bank & Trust Names Holland to Board
- Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Evolve Bank & Trust has named Lewis E. Holland to its board of directors.
Holland served six years as president of the regional investment banking firm UMIC Inc., and after its sale in 1988 became a partner at the Memphis office of Ernst & Young LLP.
- Monday, February 22, 2010
The InMotion Orthopaedic Research Center will present another lecture as part of its Quarterly Musculoskeletal Lecture Series today at 5 p.m. at the University of Memphis FedEx Institute of Technology. Richard Coutts will speak on “National Total Joint Replacement Registries.” To register, call 271-0021.
18. Ledbetter Joins UT Medical Group’s Dept. of Urology
- Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Dr. Christopher K. Ledbetter has joined the Department of Urology at UT Medical Group Inc.
Ledbetter will care for patients at UTMG’s urology clinic at Methodist South Hospital and at Methodist University Hospital, where he focuses on minimally invasive robotic urological surgery.
19. Rhea Receives WKNO’s Distinguished Service Award
- Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Stephen H. Rhea has received the Julian Bondurant Distinguished Service Award from WKNO Public Broadcasting.
Rhea is the WKNO Capital Campaign chair and led the campaign for the digital transition that brought in $16.9 million. The campaign enabled the station to build the Digital Media Center.
20. 12 Glankler Brown Attorneys Included in SuperLawyers
- Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Twelve attorneys from Glankler Brown PLLC have been selected for inclusion in the 2009 edition of Mid-South SuperLawyers.
21. 16 Glankler Brown Attorneys Chosen for Best Lawyers
- Friday, August 07, 2009
Sixteen attorneys from the Memphis law firm Glankler Brown PLLC recently were selected by their colleagues for inclusion in the 2010 edition of The Best Lawyers in America.
The attorneys selected were Louis F. Allen, Saul C. Belz, John David Blaylock, William L. Bomar, R. Grattan Brown Jr., Oscar C. Carr III, Lee J. Chase III, B. Douglas Earthman, Charles W. Hill, R. Hunter Humphreys, Robert L. Hutton, William T. Mays Jr., George T. Nassar Jr., J. William Pierce Jr., Douglas P. Quay and C. Barry Ward. All of these lawyers were selected within their specific areas of practice.
22. Head Selected as Director Of SWTCC Library
- Wednesday, November 05, 2008
Carolyn Head has been selected to serve as executive director of Library Services for Southwest Tennessee Community College.
23. Pitts Receives Compliance Expert Certification
- Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Dallas Pitts, compliance officer at FAA Federal Credit Union, has received Cuna's Credit Union Compliance Expert certification.
The certification covers all federal regulations for credit unions, as well as giving an overview of state regulations.
Pitts has worked for FAA FCU for more than 11 years, holding positions as a teller, member services representative and compliance officer.
24. Ronald McDonald House Charities of Memphis Names Byrd Executive Director
- Wednesday, October 10, 2007
Caron Byrd has been hired as executive director of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Memphis. Previously, Byrd served as deputy manager of the Mid-South chapter of the American Red Cross, where she was employed for more than 11 years.
25. Young & Perl Founder Moves to Baker Donelson
- Wednesday, March 15, 2006
Edward R. Young, nationally known labor and employment attorney and co-founder of Young & Perl PLC, has joined Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz PC's Memphis office as a shareholder. Colleagues William D. Levy and William P. Dougherty also have joined the firm.
26. Askew Named National Director of Engineering Group
- Wednesday, August 31, 2005
Mark W. Askew, president of Askew Hargraves Harcourt & Associates Inc., was appointed to a two-year term as national director of the American Council of Engineering Cos. of Tennessee. Askew is a civil engineer with 30 years of structural engineering experience.
27. ABWA Chapter Names Woman of the Year
- Wednesday, August 24, 2005
Cheryl D. Fleming of Crye-Leike, Realtors, was named 2005 Woman of the Year by the local chapter of the American Business Women's Association. Fleming currently serves as president of the association.
28. Archived Article: Newsmakers
- Wednesday, May 19, 2004
GLANKLER BROWN ATTORNEYS SOME OF THE BEST IN AMERICA
VA Researcher Awarded for Scientific Achievement
Dr. Andrew H. Kang was presented the William S. Middleton Award, the Department of Veterans Affairs most prestigious award for scientific ach...
29. Archived Article: Law Briefs
- Thursday, December 12, 2002
Ten Glankler Brown attorneys were selected by attorneys nationwide for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2002-2003
Ten Glankler Brown attorneys were selected by lawyers nationwide for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2002-2003. Lou...
30. Archived Article: Mba Box P.2
- Thursday, November 15, 2001
MEMPHIS BAR ASSOCIATION ANNOUNCES FINAL LIST OF NOMINEES
Bar sets final nominees list
The Memphis Bar Association announced the final list of nominees for 2002 officers and board of directors. The deadline for additional nominations expired Th...
31. Archived Article: Mba P.2
- Thursday, November 01, 2001
Memphis Bar Association nominees set
Memphis Bar Association nominees set
G. Patrick Arnoult, Memphis Bar Association president, has released the report of the nominations and elections committee.
The 2002 president will be David Wade. Vice...
32. Archived Article: Law Briefs
- Thursday, December 14, 2000
Seven attorneys from the Memphis-based law firm Harris, Shelton, Dunlap, Cobb & Ryder were included in the ninth edition of T Nineteen attorneys from Baker, Donelson, Bearman & Caldwell were included in the ninth edition of "The Best La...
33. Archived Article: Law Focus St
- Thursday, December 18, 1997
By SUZANNE THOMPSON Stepping up to the bar New MBA president wants association to be more "lawyer friendly" By SUZANNE THOMPSON The Daily News Now that the changing of the guard is complete at the Memphis Bar Association, the new group of ...
34. Archived Article: Back-mba
- Thursday, November 13, 1997
Bar association sets Bar association sets final candidate slate The slate of 1998 officer and director candidates for the Memphis Bar Association has been finalized. No nominations were received from the membership in the time allotted under the byl...
35. Archived Article: Focus2
- Thursday, October 30, 1997
Bar association committee announces nominees Bar association committee announces nominees Prince C. Chambliss Jr., president of the Memphis Bar Association, has released the report of its nominations and elections committee chaired by Max Shelton. T...
36. Archived Article: Law Briefs
- Thursday, March 20, 1997
Seven attorneys at Glankler Brown PLLC have been named to the Best Lawyers in America list Seven attorneys at Glankler Brown PLLC have been named to the Best Lawyers in America list. They are Frank J. Glankler Jr. for business litigation, criminal d...